BMS MOSFETs Explained

fafrd

Solar Addict
I'm not familiar with that particular BMS. It might have some other reasons for the limitation, or it might well be that the limitation doesn't exist - writing something like "Maximum continuous overcurrent" doesn't really make sense. I'll try to make time to dig into this one.
Appreciate it.

I’ve been told via email that the BMS can sustain 300A continuous (though then why the use of ‘over current’, right?) and can support short bursts of current up to 1200A.

The spec also ends with this:

‘Commonly used: high-power inverters around 7000W, solar energy storage, 24V car startup, etc.’

A 7000W inverter ought to translate to 280A @ 25V…

upnorthandpersonal

Administrator
Under normal conditions, both charge and discharge MOSFETS are on, meaning it's like a closed circuit. When the load increases beyond what the charge controller delivers it just starts to pull the needed power from the battery. No delay there at all - there is not switching.
Switching only happens when you actively turn off charge and/or discharge - and in that case (consider you manually disable discharge) your inverter will shut off since the battery won't be part of it.