diy solar

diy solar

BMS Programming

Squeezer04

Newbie here. I have received my LIPO cells and a 120amp BMS with the Bluetooth module. What app do I use to program the cutoff parameters in the BMS? Thanks in advance.

Well .... what BMS is it? What device will you be using for the App? Apple or Android? Isn't that included in the documentation?

Should have looked closer. The documentation had a QR code to download an app. What I didn't like was the warning that the app (China) would track my location even when not using it. I intend to remove it after programming. The BMS is from RadioB Tech. Will other apps work? I installed an app called Li3 Battery. I'll try it out after I put my package together.

The BMS you have is the Overkill/LLT Power/JDB/ unit.
There are several apps available for Android,

Don't worry about having to enable tracking, its an Android requirement to enable the software to run. No one in China is interested in you.

Your BMS should have suitable default settings, discussion on the Battery Management Systems section and under resources . The Overkill site has useful information,

What cells have you purchased? I assume your cells are LFP, LiFePO4.

Mike

Mike,
I have the ninthcit 200ah cells. I load all the Android apps and pick the one I like. BTW, looks like we were/are in the same line of work - Navy pilot.
Mike G

I bought a 10.1" Android Tablet just specifically for connecting to multiple BMS's. (LOVE IT) i have EVERYTHING shut off, uninstalled or 0 permission that i do not need. (Xiaoxiang and calculator only) every lime i am through i shut off blue tooth and location radio buttons and store away until next use.
PS I was a Parachute Rigger in Navy. everything a pilot wore in that plane i maintained and inspected. small world.

Back