diy solar

diy solar

BMS question

mtnman1

I have an older model Inverter from Spartan. The model is 6600/24 which is capable of split phase output. Although I've had it for several years, I've only recently put it into service and begun to play with it. I'd like to ultimately put 3 24v batteries 280ah Eve cells each with a 100a overkill BMS in parallel. My question is in regard to the BMS. Will the maximum draw still be limited by the 100a across all 3 batteries, or will the draw spread equally across the batteries so that a potential 100+ amp draw would be within the capacity of the overall battery bank?

Yes, the draw would be spread equally by batteries wired in parallel

this is one reason I like smaller capacity batteries wired in parallel rather than a single high capacity battery
I can pull more amps spread across multiple batteries without worrying about the BMS discharge limit

"3 24v batteries 280ah Eve cells each" is quite unclear. Do you have (3x8=)24 EVE cells?
In that case you can make one 3p8s battery with one BMS, or three 8s batteries with three BMSs.
-

Thought this was pretty clear that I was intending to use a separate BMS on each battery, but to make it more clear I would be using 3 8s batteries each with a BMS per battery.

"I'd like to ultimately put 3 24v batteries 280ah Eve cells each with a 100a overkill BMS in parallel"

Thanks for the feedback, I was reasonably confident that the load spread evenly, but I'm doing my best not to assume anything before I build this out.

Oh right :·)
I read "each" as referring to the cells, not the BMSs :·/
And of course yes, it would make 840Ah, with a maximum draw of 300A.
-

Back