diy solar

diy solar

bms questions

With the capacity of those BYD batteries and since they are in their own boxes I think a separate BMSes one for each is the way to go. If you could find a BMS with high enough balancing capabilities it is technically possible to have them all under the control of a single BMS. I'm no BMS expert though so someone else will have to help you with the options you have there.

Hopefully me bumping the thread will draw attention to it.

With the capacity of those BYD batteries and since they are in their own boxes I think a separate BMSes one for each is the way to go. If you could find a BMS with high enough balancing capabilities it is technically possible to have them all under the control of a single BMS. I'm no BMS expert though so someone else will have to help you with the options you have there.

Hopefully me bumping the thread will draw attention to it.
thanks.. after more research and by david poz recommendation I have decided to opt for NEW Lifepo4 280ah cells.. it seems others were only getting a little over 3kwh from these byd 24v batteries.. so the same question applies to new cells if anyone has a bms they would recommend.. i need 8s, bluetooth, at least 100amps prefer low temp and low volt cut off.

thanks.. after more research and by david poz recommendation I have decided to opt for NEW Lifepo4 280ah cells.. it seems others were only getting a little over 3kwh from these byd 24v batteries.. so the same question applies to new cells if anyone has a bms they would recommend.. i need 8s, bluetooth, at least 100amps prefer low temp and low volt cut off.
I ordered my 24 volt 100 amp BMS form Overkillsolar today. I forgot to go through Will's website...sorry Will. Steve assured me the BMS could sustain 100 amps continuously. The low temp has been confirmed to work. The warranty and support are the best.

Back