diy solar

diy solar

BMS readings

Jasondrumguy

I got my Van battery bank going pretty good. I have eight PO4 100amp hour batteries, two in series and than the four banks parallel. Hooked up my 4 bank BMS with phone app. It works good. I am thinking it should say 800AH but it says 100AH? I am thinking off adding another eight batteries as I run an AC fridge, my sleep machine, and with out sun barely made through breakfast and coffee. I also have not started my hot water heater yet so I think more will be good. My system is 12v so do I need a different BMS to show the 800AH or hopefully 1600AH.

Thanks,

Jason

I think you are talking about CELLS, i.e., you have 8 100Ah cells.

You have two groups of 4 cells in series to make 12V and then you have those groups in parallel. The 4 in series add voltage, not capacity. Parallel adds capacity, not voltage.

You have 200Ah of 12V capacity.

If each 4 cell battery has it's own BMS, then each BMS should say 100Ah.

So this may seem really obvious, I see that on the BMS app I can go in and change the AH from 100 to 200. Would that make the batteries last twice as long. I was thinking the batteries where at 25% because of the app, not because they stopped working. Or to double the batteries life (AH). Do I need to ad 8 more batteries? I’m new at the BMS app stuff. I don’t want to spend $1000 more on batteries if all I have to do is adjust settings on my phone app for the BMS.
thanks

Back