diy solar

diy solar

BMS Strange problems

• Thread starter Deleted member 1888
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1888

I have 3 overkill solar 100a 24v Bms and I have had 2 strange problems in the last 2 days.

Problem one: (I think I fixed it) One of my bms was in over current protection and would not charge. The other 2 batteries were at 100% and not charging so I reseat the parameters and found that the 3rd one was trying to pull 150a. It should not have been doing this so what I did to fix it was disconnect half my Soler so it would only charge at around 60a until it was full and hit cut off. I have not see that problems come back yet.

Problem two: A different BMS will not charge more than 3-6a even as the other 2 are pulling in 30-40a. The others are in the 90% range and this one is only 76%, I have plenty of solar to give each one 30a + but this one will not take more than 6a. Once some clouds rolled in the amps of the others dropped to 14a and this one was -10a. I looked at my over all power and I was pulling in more than I can use so why is this bms -10a when all others are pulling amps in?

Until now the BMS have been working fine so what is going on?

Triple check all connections including cell interconnects.

The BMS don't determine how much current goes through each parallel battery, the connection resistance does.

The evidence presented indicates that you have excessive resistance on circuit where the BMS showing only 3-6A charge. Could be wiring, connections or cells.

Back