diy solar

diy solar

bms up in smoke

So if you put a non conductive block under it (on top of the cell so terminal and block tops are in the same level) it will hold the weight (no vertical torque) while it can rotate
If the fuse is torqued properly then the cable will flex and there should be no rotation. These cells can be tricky due to expansion and contraction. I think using cables or braided busbars for interconnects is a good idea especially with the larger cells.

Newbie here. Devastating news. Maxoak bluetti AC 100. Burned my cabin - total loss. Do I have any recourse?

Attachments​

Attachments

• IMG_5323.JPG
    IMG_5323.JPG
    340.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5324.JPG
    IMG_5324.JPG
    279.4 KB · Views: 11
I posted this earlier in another thread & was advised to post in Up in Smoke
Please request to have your original thread moved to up in smoke and have your posts in this thread deleted. Sorry for your loss.

But I must say this is a very good made pack. I saw a lot worse made.
  • Fixture: check
  • plates between cells: check
  • non conductive base plate: check
  • grub screw: check
  • lug order: check
  • washer: no
  • carbon grease: ?
  • BMS separated, not heating pack: check
  • Wires OK
A pack to be proud of :)

You could put a wood plate on the 3 side (handles on the ends) and then this is a closed battery.
Can have holes to let hot air out but better to cover it with some mosquito net (especially is you go camping with it, bugs and lizards can be crawling everywhere).

I hope you made the top balance before assembling the pack :)
Oh thank you so much for your friendly comment, mrzed001! It dries my tears ;)

No, I didn'n do a top balancing before assembly. Can't I do it at any time, bevor going live?

Oh thank you so much for your friendly comment, mrzed001! It dries my tears ;)

No, I didn'n do a top balancing before assembly. Can't I do it at any time, bevor going live?

You can and you should do the top balance :)

One little thing: put something (non conductive) between the compressing rods and the cells.
Cells can move (sideways) to the rods, make contact, and cells body can have contact to a terminal (meaning short).

You can and you should do the top balance :)

One little thing: put something (non conductive) between the compressing rods and the cells.
Cells can move (sideways) to the rods, make contact, and cells body can have contact to a terminal (meaning short).
There is something isolating, mrzed001. It is a transpartent tube. You just can't see it well in the photos.

I planned to do the top balancing according to this video by will prowse:
The needed power supply is already ordered.

Thanks a lot for your support. With you guys help my system will be a very good one in the end.

There is something isolating, mrzed001. It is a transpartent tube. You just can't see it well in the photos.
Now you say I see it :) Good
But put something (foamy?) there to stop the cells sideways move ;)
You want to use it on an RV if I remember correctly ... so no place for movement :)

I planned to do the top balancing according to this video by will prowse:
The needed power supply is already ordered.

Thanks a lot for your support. With you guys help my system will be a very good one in the end.

I would suggest the 3 step top balance:
First a 3,45V until A falls down (this will be long).
Then 3,55V until A falls down (will be fast)
Then 3,65V until A falls down (very fast)

A bit longer but much safer.

Now you say I see it :) Good
But put something (foamy?) there to stop the cells sideways move ;)
You want to use it on an RV if I remember correctly ... so no place for movement :)

I would suggest the 3 step top balance:
First a 3,45V until A falls down (this will be long).
Then 3,55V until A falls down (will be fast)
Then 3,65V until A falls down (very fast)

A bit longer but much safer.
Ok, thank you! I will do :)

Back