diy solar

diy solar

BMV 712 gets update with historical trends

Mrgulabull

Just wanted to share this exciting news for any other Victron smart shunt battery monitor owners. I've been anxiously hoping for this feature for the last year and it's finally available in their beta release of the app.

Long story short, every time you closed the app or disconnected from the device, you would lose all information on the trends tab, meaning you couldn't rely on the BMV monitor to tell you how much power you've been using, generating, etc. over time; only a live reading was available. With this new release, they store the last 2 weeks of data. So now with just this Victron BMV, DIY'ers can get a host of useful data recorded without the need for additional hardware or complex software setups. Very exciting!

The official release is likely around the corner, but for those impatient like myself, you can grab the beta now.

Release page here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:beta

Download the beta with TestFlight for iOS here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/cvufYMEh

That will be sweet! I can't tell for sure from their notes, but I don't see a required firmware update for this feature.

After downloading the app, there are two firmware updates that the app will initiate to enable these features.

I have almost 24 hours tracked now, so far so good!

bmv-712.png

Hi all, i have downloaded the beta version with historical trends but stilll get everything returning to zero every time i go to the app window, even if its been running in the background? Ie it refreshes every time and theres no trend history stored. Can anyone confirm the settings required to store trends on the bmv712 and android phone? Thanks in advance!

This featured worked for me for at least a few weeks to a month after release. However, now it's the same as what you're reporting, it does not seem to store trend data once the app is closed. I've seen several more beta releases since it stopped working and it has not brought historical trends back, unfortunately. I'm on the iOS beta.

Back