diy solar

diy solar

Bogart Battery Monitor????

Rbertalotto

Solar Enthusiast
I currently have a Bogart charge controller and Bogart battery monitor. I'm switching from the Bogart PWM to a MPPT charge controller. Can I still use the Bogart to monitor my batteries? (Two group 31, 110Ah AGM batteries)

I don't see any reason the type of charge controller would make any difference.
That is a shunt based monitor and should still measure current in and out just fine.

any reason to change from PWM?
the difference in real life measurements is hardly worth talking about

I'm only changing to allow the GEEK out of me. And to get ready for my 7 year old AGM batteries to finally degrade and I'll move to LiFo. But these Duracell AGMs just keep on performing perfectly! I just returned from four days boondocking in upstate NY, and even with partly cloudy days, my batteries were at 100% by 4pm when at dawn they were at 70-80%........

I'm very interested to see in real life how MPPT performs against PWM since I have 7 years of PWM performance under my belt.

I'm only changing to allow the GEEK out of me. And to get ready for my 7 year old AGM batteries to finally degrade and I'll move to LiFo. But these Duracell AGMs just keep on performing perfectly! I just returned from four days boondocking in upstate NY, and even with partly cloudy days, my batteries were at 100% by 4pm when at dawn they were at 70-80%........

I'm very interested to see in real life how MPPT performs against PWM since I have 7 years of PWM performance under my belt.
I also have the Bogart set and when I went to MMPT it did make some difference as far as charging better goes...Where you able to figure out if you could use the battery monitor by itself? I want to do so also since it gave way more info then the little cheapy battery monitor I got now..Not sure if it will work just by itself either..Let me know and Happy Holidays!

Ive been using the Bogart Tri-Metric for many years now, 1st on my diesel powered fishing boat.....no solar , and now have them on my Solar system even though the Midnight Classic with whizbang Jr does much of the same thing the total data on the Tri-Metric is better. I download data from the 2 Tri-Metric‘s as well as 2 Classic 150’s and 2 Kids to a unified computer display.

The Tri-Metric and Pentametric are totally seperately systems and will work with most any battery system.

The Tri-Metrics in my 2 solar systems share the same Deltec shunt as the Midnight Whizbang Jr which feeds data to the Midnight Charge Controllers, no problem at all

The Bogart TM2030 battery monitor was around long before the SC2030 solar controller was. So yes it can stand alone. Download the Manuel.

Yes, I’m using the monitor with my MPPT controller. It still gives me the most pertinent information, but not everything the Bogart controller coupled with it did. But most of this other info I never bothered with.

Yes, I’m using the monitor with my MPPT controller. It still gives me the most pertinent information, but not everything the Bogart controller coupled with it did. But most of this other info I never bothered with.
Thanks

The battery monitor can be used with anything. It's independent of all other components. All it does is monitor a batteries charge status. I didn't know they had a charger, will have to look into it. I'm looking to find replacements for the victrons I have, they're turning out to be junk that don't hold up very long.

The battery monitor can be used with anything. It's independent of all other components. All it does is monitor a batteries charge status. I didn't know they had a charger, will have to look into it. I'm looking to find replacements for the victrons I have, they're turning out to be junk that don't hold up very long.
the bogart has both a controller and a Battery monitor but not a charger that I know of

I have the Bogart TM 2030 monitor and the SC 2030 charge controller. To charge my 12 v golf cart batteries from shore power or generator, I use a 30amp AC to DC power supply (adjustable from 13.5 v to 16.5v) that feeds 15v into the SC 2030. That way the TM 2030 can charge my batteries according to the profiles I have programmed into the unit and do not need to rely on a third party charger. The power supply cost about $75.

Last edited:
Back