diy solar

diy solar

Bought from Shenzhen Basen via Alibaba

Markus

I thought I would start a thread on this company so others can add or learn from experiences from this company. I purchased (4) 280Ah cell from Shiela at Shenzhen Basen on 6/22. Communication was very good and at the time they offered a sale price of 5% off. They do list paypal on alibaba but pushed credit card as a better means. She did say that it would be a 4% charge for paypal. I went ahead with the credit card and it cleared and now i'm just waiting for them to be shipped. I will come back for more updates soon.

I assume it's these?

I know I looked at that supplier because I remember the contacts name on their website is Alex Chen.

How much was shipping?

When do you expect them to arrive? Are you located in the US?

Did they mention how well they pack the batteries?

Do they include bolts and buss bars?

Why did you choose them over Xuba and the others?

Sorry for all the questions. I like they accept paypal.

I assume it's these?

I know I looked at that supplier because I remember the contacts name on their website is Alex Chen.

How much was shipping?

When do you expect them to arrive? Are you located in the US?

Did they mention how well they pack the batteries?

Do they include bolts and buss bars?

Why did you choose them over Xuba and the others?

Sorry for all the questions. I like they accept paypal.
I'll try to answer all your questions.
Shipping and 4 cells was 442.00. I would have to dig out my receipt.

I am in the US(Indiana). Arrival is estimated at 30 days but we know it will probably be longer.(sea freight). I'm not in a huge hurry.

They show in their store how they come packed. Some one on here just got his from them and they were packaged 4 to a box with lots of foam. Just like on their store page.

Bolts and buss bars were included.

I got a quote from xuba(Amy)and they were 40+ dollars more for same thing. I did like the PayPal option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a bunch for answering my questions. It helps a lot. You got an awesome deal. Looking forward to when you receive them. I am still shopping around. Hopefully I will have the funds to order something soon.

Markus

Im just about to order some of these from Basen. Were you happy with the cells you received?

Kev

Markus

Im just about to order some of these from Basen. Were you happy with the cells you received?

Kev
Kevin,
I am at the one month mark since they were shipped and haven't received them yet. I am hoping to see them soon.

So I received the cells this evening. I will admit it, they were packaged very well. I have not tested them yet but did take pictures when I unpackaged them. Just at 2 months from order to delivery.

Attachments

• 0818201846.jpg
    0818201846.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 0818201850a.jpg
    0818201850a.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 162
  • 0818201848.jpg
    0818201848.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 161
They look nice. I went in on the group buy for 8. Should be shipped this week.

So I received the cells this evening. I will admit it, they were packaged very well. I have not tested them yet but did take pictures when I unpackaged them. Just at 2 months from order to delivery.

How much did you pay for 4 cells? And how much for shipping?

Look at post #3 above. The 4 cells were like 312.00.

Missed that - thanks.

The Alibaba add states $328 for 4 cells, which is pretty much the same as Xuba’s price but shipping is estimated at only $113, which is lower than I believe other outfits like Xuba have been quoting...

The packaging looks very good - they invested in custom packing foam which suggests shipping these cells is a business they plan to be in for a while...

I assume they told you the cells were Grade-A so as soon as you can confirm your cells deliver what you expected, this looks like an attractive option as far as suppliers.

121.00 for shipping, 8.50 for Alibaba fee and 312.00 for the cells. They did say grade a when I inquired. I had gotten quotes from 2 other sources that are mentioned here a lot and this was the best price when I ordered.

I have 32 on the way from Basen, will be interested to see how well they test. Any thoughts on testing? I'm looking at either the Junsi icharger x6 or X8 as it can do 30A or a capacity tester from AliExpress?

Hi Marcus,

Can you tell me how thick are those bus bars ? The general impression I have is that people have been using double bus bars with the Xuba ones

Did anyone else notice that their shipping prices changed 300% ? Maybe it was a pricing error but a 4 pack order (16 cells) was about $150 and now its $477 for the same amount.

I didnt go by the totals given on the item. I messaged them directly to negotiate a price.

Don't use those battery lugs! They are the garbage type Will P. warns about. They are not continuous wrap around, but a split wrap, which will split apart when you crimp them. Chances are, they are flimsy metal, too. Watch Will P's video on connectors. I hope the batteries are better than the connectors.

Don't use those battery lugs! They are the garbage type Will P. warns about. They are not continuous wrap around, but a split wrap, which will split apart when you crimp them. Chances are, they are flimsy metal, too. Watch Will P's video on connectors. I hope the batteries are better than the connectors.

Noted thank you. I typically solder my lugs as well.

Back