diy solar

diy solar

Brackets for Aluminum Case cells

Turd Furguson

it's a funny name.
Has anyone come across brackets for securing these cells? Something like this picture, but for Aluminum case cells.

example2.JPG

From Will's video, it appears that RELion has them:

example1.JPG

the problem is there is so many sizes in prisamtic cells, that you would be lucky to find the good one.
you would better 3Dprint them

Do they need bracing or brackets or can you leave an air gap between them?

definitely , leaving 5mm between cell will help cooling.
additionally, i am not sure the aluminium casing is isolated from the battery, so, the thin blue plastic coat around could
be light to protect in case the battery would scrub against a frame or another cell (in a mobile use for example)
Personally i will build a case in marine plywood with 2 big fan to force air cooling.

definitely , leaving 5mm between cell will help cooling.
additionally, i am not sure the aluminium casing is isolated from the battery, so, the thin blue plastic coat around could
be light to protect in case the battery would scrub against a frame or another cell (in a mobile use for example)
Personally i will build a case in marine plywood with 2 big fan to force air cooling.
Can you please post images of it here ..... or link to it here when you get it built. I am going to do the same thing but am still waiting on the slow boat to get my cells.

you could use for example silicone caulk you put on the side of the batteries before assembling, but eventual maintenance could be complicated if cells are glued together.
on the bottom, you can lock the batteries in place by cutting a thin sheet of plywood or pvc with the shape of the cells.
on the top , you do the same with just a larger hole, so the air can vent.
if stack the batteries vertically, you just put the fan on the top,
1580371631795.png

Last edited:
so i almost finished my frame.
i took corner profile in white PVC, and glued pieces back to back to make a T bar for center parts
borders are just the single corner.
the profile is 2.4mm thick, the leg of T is 5 mm thick.
the flat part is glued to a rectangular piece of PVC.
batteries will be strapped with a packing machine (plastic straps)
1581371842727.png

Back