diy solar

diy solar

Brake for my mobility scooter needed

• Thread starter Deleted member 9967
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 9967

Hello
Does anyone live near me that sells brakes for a mobility scooter [Shoprider Explorer] that could also deliver it for less than the $100 that stores charge for delivery?
The specific numbers on it are:
B5#3LWR198A408P1(UL7-W-L3) 6605C54A0610 BRAKE(L)
If so, how much are they?
I am in Vancouver BC Canada.
Thank you

I know BC well hehe (grew up just South of Blaine, I'm a Yankee from PNW Washington). When I turned 19, I spent lots of time up there hehe...

I live in Utah now, but my mother still lives in Ferndale... Sometimes I go there for Christmas, I'm not certain if I will go this year or not yet. If I did go, I could find and deliver some for free...

How soon do you need them? Is there an online resource we could get them from? Do you need help with the shipping or anything? I'd be happy to help out any way I can...

This guy on eBay seems to have a lot of mobility scooter parts, I'm gonna ping him real quick and see if he can get that p/n, since I didn't find the exact same number in search...

This part number is different, but close, I pinged him just now to ask if he can get the numbers you gave, he has free shipping if he can get some.

LOOK SIMILAR:

Do you have any examples of online stores where these are available from? Or are they only local BC stores?

I tried online to see if they were even available but I don't think I looked properly because I couldn't find the exact part.
The problem of course is that the controller might not accept a different part.
Also would it even fit.
And most importantly, would it be designed to stop my weight along with the scooters weight as well.

As for when do I need it?
A couple of days ago LOL.

As for what I need help with is well, everything.
I could pay in person if possible.
Money is not the problem as I do not drink or drug etc.
So I have the money. Just not the means to travel etc.

I can keep trying online though.

I emailed the guy and he does not deliver to Vancouver he says. :(

Yeah he doesn't even ship to USA... We should see if we can find a good outlet for parts for these somewhere in the mainland North America, there's got to be a place that would make a good place to find parts for these, I mean in 2020 we got everything right?

Do you need just the left one or the right side brake too? What wears out on these things? If it's magnetic, is there something that goes bad a lot on the brake unit, like a bearing or something? Or maybe that part number is an obsolete part and it could cross reference over to a revised part number or something, maybe that's why it's so hard to find that part. Is there a model number on your Shoprider Explorer scooter?

I'll keep looking around just in case I could help in some way, a good challenge is always nice. These brakes do seem a bit hard to find... I don't want you riding around with bad brakes with all the hills in BC hehe, that could get nasty!

LOL it is for a mobility scooter. So it does not have a left and a right. That is for a wheelchair as they have two motors.
Mine has only the one motor.

There is a piece of plastic like rubber that is wedged between two pieces of metal that wears out over time.
it is the rubber disk that wears out.

The mobility scooter is the Shoprider 888SLN Explorer

Brake number is:

Motor is:
MD-8MNF-3(A2) 3B07DCC3A0424 MOTOR(L)

Transaxle is:
T6#1A-888SLN(C)(A4) 7A076C54A0072 TRANSAXLE(L)

No, I would not like to ride without brakes here either LOL.
It would be a fast and nasty accident for sure. :)

I was a shut in for 6 years until I got my scooter.
So it will be a huge adjustment yet again but I will survive. :)

Thanks for all of your help in looking. :)

LOL it is for a mobility scooter. So it does not have a left and a right. That is for a wheelchair as they have two motors.
Mine has only the one motor.

There is a piece of plastic like rubber that is wedged between two pieces of metal that wears out over time.
it is the rubber disk that wears out.

The mobility scooter is the Shoprider 888SLN Explorer

Brake number is:

Motor is:
MD-8MNF-3(A2) 3B07DCC3A0424 MOTOR(L)

Transaxle is:
T6#1A-888SLN(C)(A4) 7A076C54A0072 TRANSAXLE(L)

No, I would not like to ride without brakes here either LOL.
It would be a fast and nasty accident for sure. :)

I was a shut in for 6 years until I got my scooter.
So it will be a huge adjustment yet again but I will survive. :)

Thanks for all of your help in looking. :)

Yeah the only reason I got confused about left, and right, was when I found those other eBay links for similar but different part number, they showed left and right:

Left:

Right:

That's all, but if yours only has the one part number, cool...

I wonder if it could be a possibility to replace the rubber part that wears out in them. I wish I had an example one to look at. I'll have to research it more, how often do these rubber things wear out on yours?

Give me a couple days, see if I can find anything. I know what it's like to be stuck immobile.. In 1994 I busted up my both ankles, and my back up pretty good L3 and L4 compression fractures, and was in a body cast and wheelchair for months and months and it was hard to go anywhere, or for very long. Had a string of surgeries ever since over the years to try and get over that fall (all fused up now hehe), still chronic pain of course but I survive, just thankful I got as much mobility back as I did, doctors said I'd never walk again, we all get by and figure out how to do our best, we'll find a way to make it, and have our sense of style about it in our journey :)

Nothing can be replaced. When opened you kind of have to kill it to do so sadly.

Ouchy, so sorry to hear that. I hurt my back as a child. I started to workout and was doing pretty good for 30 years and then bent over to pick up something on the floor and bang. My back went out.
Was bedridden and took me five years to learn to walk again.
That was in 2005.

Apparently it wasn't a "pulled muscle" over 45 years ago [duh eh]. Anyhow, a disk moved and hit my spinal cord which caused it to swell up and then, well more bad stuff happened.
But I was a powerlifter for years and it taught me discipline and like you, I was told I would never walk again. I told the doctor to @#$%&(^$%#%^&& and get a job doing something useful because he wasn't a good doctor.
Or words to that effect LOL :)

Anyhow, the scooter allowed me to travel all over the city. And with the new batteries I saved for I had a range of well over 100 km's. Not that I have used that much at anytime. But I have gone downtown and back. Through some parks, etc etc. It has been a hoot and I loved it.

Ok then, I am talking to a guy that repairs them in another country. He says that getting a similar one with the same voltage, wattage and Nm and also the same "nut" configuration will work as a replacement.

So just trying to find out what the wattage and Nm are on mine now. :)

PS: not sure if it will help [but it might]. The company making it originally was called "Pihsiang".

Looks like Shoprider is based in California? I sent them a message on Contact Us link to see if they can point to where replacement parts are readily available if from them.

Yeah it should be criminal for doctors to say such discouraging remarks (just as their disclaimer so you don't sue them if you really couldn't ever walk again), sad that at a time when the patient really needs hope and encouragement, the doctor is always feeling like he needs to give the most grim outlook of their recovery... But I will say, that this was one of the things that helped build me stronger was for me to challenge what the doctors said, like 'oh yeah, never walk again? We'll see about that!'... Then I had to prove him wrong...

Yeah when I broke my back after the 50ft fall the dura on my spinal cord was severed by bone fragments and all my spinal cord fluid leaked out, had bruised spinal cord, and my right leg was numb for 5 years and had sciatic nerve pain down my right leg for 10+ years (still sometimes comes back to haunt when I overdo it physically hehe), but all in good fun, I've learned to live with the challenges and just be happy in spite of the physical not always wanting to be where your mental is hehe... I still get done what I need to, one way or another :)

I love that you get so much potential range on your scooter, If I had one, I would want to know I had 100km range even if I only put 25km in a day, it's good piece of mind to know you can always get back home without having to worry... Assuming those are your LiFePO4 giving you all that extra range...

As far as watts and Nm. I assume Nm is torque holding? On watts, you could check the ohms of the brake coil, and with knowing the supply voltage you could calculate amps, and amps x volts = watts... If Nm refers to torque holding, I wonder if a torque wrench (with brake power source applied) could help determine breakaway torque... Or if we could find a technical manual on the scooter with the specifications sheet, those values might be in there somewhere. It'd be nice to find a technical manual on it anyways, just to have around...

I have a semi tech manual on the scooter. But nothing like what people like us would want LOL.
I can check again though.

Sorry to hear about your back. :(

Well the main thing about having so much more power too is that I have added a dc to dc converter so I can have a heated seat, and also I plan for better headlights and even a radio etc.
Even if all that used ten amps, it would be good for 10 hours and I would STILL have 180 amps left over just for driving which is 7 times more than I had with the lead acid batteries. :) So in the summer, instead of 20 km, I could still get 140 km. Or almost 100 miles LOL.

(y)

It sounds like you added the Cadillac luxury with all that extra power :)

Hey do you happen to have a picture of your existing brake assembly?

Thanks, still looking and pondering, got a few plates spinning we'll see if any of them wind up being fruitful, hopefully you got a few days to see what comes back...

Well there is a guy on youtube that fixes scooters that said he is going to see if he has one or not.
I suppose it will be Monday when he takes a look.

Great video, learning lots about scooters. Good to know the default position for the brake without power is 'applied' :)

Kind of like air brakes on a semi, the default with no air is 'applied' hehe...

Back