diy solar

diy solar

Breaker for MultiPlus II: near MPII or near EMS?

corn18

Village Idiot
Should I put the 50A 2 pole breaker close to the VR MutliPlus II 12/3000/120x2 or near my EMS? They are 6' apart. Would be easier to put near the EMS, but don't want it in the wrong place.

DC wiring 290RL Victron.jpg

Thinking out loud here...

When plugging into a pedestal, there is already a circuit breaker at the pedestal. So yours would be redundant? Duplicating effort?

Is 50 amp the right size? If you fire everything up, would it be possible that you'll pull more than 50 amps? If you did, the pedestal would trip anyhow, so maybe 50 amp is just right.

The EMS manufacturer may have a recommendation on where to place the breaker or if it is even necessary.

Thinking out loud here...

When plugging into a pedestal, there is already a circuit breaker at the pedestal. So yours would be redundant? Duplicating effort?

Is 50 amp the right size? If you fire everything up, would it be possible that you'll pull more than 50 amps? If you did, the pedestal would trip anyhow, so maybe 50 amp is just right.

The EMS manufacturer may have a recommendation on where to place the breaker or if it is even necessary.
I'm going by what Victron recommends in their schematics. This is a note on the schematic:

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 15.16.43.png

Here's a link to the schematic:

https://www.victronenergy.com/uploa...o-GX-touch-generator-MPPT-Orion-Tr-Smarts.pdf

Back