diy solar

diy solar

Breaker mounting

Barold

I picked up a blue seas 7238 30A breaker for my PV shutoff and also picked up a “small” breaker box off aliexpress but now realize the breaker cannot be mounted on a din rail. What do people use?

Yeah. They are the SunPower semi flexible 110w panels. Each panel has a VoC of 22.8V so even if wired in series (not certain yet what works best) it should be ok for that breaker but darn it I didn't know they weren't mountable.

Was this the wrong breaker to purchase? I was trying to stick with marine brands and the rated voltage and amperage is OK. I see the other post on polarity of double pole breakers - so should I have bought one of those?

Blue Sea products are the best available. They have two mounting types. Surface mount on a flat or through a panel. It should not be too hard to figure a way to mount their breaker. The one you have would be mounted behind a panel held by two screws into each breaker. This plate could be mounted someplace. https://www.bluesea.com/products/8173/A-Series_Double_Blank_Mounting_Panel There are not many Din Rails used in marine.

I suppose i should have bought the blue seas box - but at $52CAD for a plastic box I thought I could find a cheaper alternative. Will have to put something together as the box I have is too open to enclose the breaker.

Back