diy solar

diy solar

Brendon Tait on LTO cells

There are other metrics besides efficiency for choosing the right battery for an application. For instance, my upcoming project is to build a dedicated battery for our off grid cabin. We are currently running LFP and will need to remove the battery around new years before the real cold sets in. It resides in an area of the world known for weeks of -20f highs during the coldest part of winter. In this application, the benefits of LTO become obvious. I have some ideas for temperature controlled use of the solar overflow on the LFP system to heat pads and keep the batteries warm enough to be usable. I just haven't made the purchases yet and need to test the SCC to see if it can run the output while simultaneously shutting off the flow to the battery during low temp cutoff.

With regard to the video, I would be interested in others experiences with actual efficiency testing. This guy claims he read papers stating 99% and Will's video shows 95% charge and 85% discharge efficiency. Anyone have real world numbers?

Back