diy solar

diy solar

Bricked EASun SMW8k inverter during FW upgrade

I've got a bit of feedback from EASunpower. It seems that a few people have left the company and they didn't only leave, they left a whole lot of mess as well...

I'm still in a kind of dialog with EASunpower but it takes a lot of time...

Right now, we are trying to set up TeamViewer on my local PC which is hooked up to the inverter so that EASunpower can see for themselves what is going on.
no fun, but it seems they are trying to help you

Still in a kind of dialog with EASunPower, it takes a few weeks between every email but latest info now is:
our engineer willl be provide main board to your replacement, but the main board have no stock now, they need some time to produce it.

Kind of got an offer from EASun: If I pay USD30 for shipping, EASun would send me parts to get the inverter up and running... FAR from good enough since they were the cause of the inverter dying... It is now 6 months since the fatal firmware upgrade...

I have the EaSun ISolar- SMX-II-5.6kW,
the seller provides a "batteryless" update and i tried it ,but after that update i have a dead inverter too
I tried to contact easun but the email I have is "customer suport" and they say they can't help me,can you give me the contact mail of their "technical support"
Also do you have anything with yours
Thank you

"customer suport" and they say they can't help me,
Well, that says it all...

I have a few email addresses but they all seems to belong to people without any technical skills... and those that belong to sales don't have a clue about what customer satisfaction means...

I wrote "customer suport" for a reason, it wasn't a typo.They answered my email that

Also I think we have the same problem, dead inverter after firmware update ,what "parts" the will send you with 30 usd? Motherboard?

Last edited:
Yes, they want to send a new mainboard. It involves quite a bit of work to change it and that is a kind of work that should not be done by "any handyman".

That needs micro welding I guess.Are you planning to buy it?

I already bought an other inverter but I suppose I will try to fix that cheapy crappie inverter .

I was hopping for a "program" to flash the firmware directly to the board from scratch but I suppose that not gonna happen

I might... but right now, I have told them that it is out of question that I have to pay for their mistake...

I have an offer from another Voltronic dealer that they would reflash it at a cost of €150 + shipping. I believe that I could reflash it myself by using the proper programming equipment and I'm trying to find out how to...

I am pretty sure there is a "cable" for a connection to the motherboard out there and a flashing tool to do the job in a minute....
I am also searching, I will inform you if I find something

Today, I received a new main board for the inverter supplied "for free" by EASun. For free means that I should pay $30 for shipping but the shipping was $39.92 + VAT and VAT handling fees ending up in $78.52...

Changing the main board did absolutely nothing because, as far as I can see, the CPU is on a daughterboard plugged into the main board and I didn't get a new one so back to square one... As long as it was a firmware upgrade that was the cause of the inverter to die, it is only logical that it is the CPU board that needed replacing.

Today, I received a new main board for the inverter supplied "for free" by EASun. For free means that I should pay $30 for shipping but the shipping was $39.92 + VAT and VAT handling fees ending up in $78.52...

Changing the main board did absolutely nothing because, as far as I can see, the CPU is on a daughterboard plugged into the main board and I didn't get a new one so back to square one... As long as it was a firmware upgrade that was the cause of the inverter to die, it is only logical that it is the CPU board that needed replacing.
So sad to hear that
In my case I sent back to reseller that cheapy crappie inverter and I have a "heavy" working POW-SunSmart 5.5KW

About one year have passed, 84 emails exchanged and still no solution in sight... I can only conclude that EASunPower have no intention of clearing up the mess they have created...

So be warned: NEVER EVER buy anything from EASunPower unless you are prepared to do so without any warranty or service.

Back