diy solar

diy solar

Bricked EASun SMW8k inverter during FW upgrade

Iam not a Professional but i tink you must maybe the Inverter Disconnect from PV an Battery to Flash, but the other side is maybe is your chip/EEPROM now destroyed.

Then you can only replace it by Professional and write with a Adpater directly the Chip or EEprom.

i was hoping for an official voltronics download location :)
Thats what I have... the URL start with http://ftps.voltronic.com.tw/ but the rest contains mainly of a long string with random characters so it looks like a special upload for me. The first link I got from EASun had a different content the first time compared to later visits...

Last edited:
When reporting thru PayPal, EASun support finally came to life and urged me to NOT to escalate my case. I'll give them a couple more days but they have already wasted too much time ignoring me...

I received a new firmware today but it is too late since I'm unable to communicate with the inverter...

When reporting thru PayPal, EASun support finally came to life and urged me to NOT to escalate my case. I'll give them a couple more days but they have already wasted too much time ignoring me...

I received a new firmware today but it is too late since I'm unable to communicate with the inverter...
Hope they assist you finally.
Which firmware numbers they sent you ? I read a thread in power.za
forum where a Guy reported successful flushing of firmware after a chip replacement using the connection on the motherboard and usbdm programmer

Thank you,

I am thinking of updating firmware however not sure which is the latest to use.

I have asked a Company selling Voltronic OEM units for advice which firmware has solved the feedback to grid problem and they have replied to me .
QTE
you can use 45.07 / 112.19 for your own risk.
Available here
https://ostrovni-elektrarny.cz/?podpora
UQTE

Hello , did you flash your units. Is 90.06 solving the export to grid problem ?
have a different unit ( 8000 max), running 90.06
i have uploaded the firmware for my inverterserie, display,and flashtool + manual in the resources section here.
not sure if it works for you, use at own risk and responsibility

have a different unit ( 8000 max), running 90.06
i have uploaded the firmware for my inverterserie, display,and flashtool + manual in the resources section here.
not sure if it works for you, use at own risk and responsibility
Do you notice the 8000max feeding back to greed in SUB mode when the PV production exceeds house consumption (and when you switch off a large consumer) with the 90.06 firmware ?

EASUnPower asked me to download a communication test program. 2 files where one was blocked for download and the other needed a password to unzip and I didn't get the password. I have now escalated the case at PayPal and hope that they can put some pressure on EASunPower.

The whole reason for this is that the inverter feeds a tiny amount of power back to the grid but today, I got a very unofficial verbal feedback from my power company that the tiny amounts of power is no problem and that my official AMS energy meter is separating my house from the grid in case of a power outage so the inverter should be fine as it is (was).

Since EAsunpower have been far too unwilling to support me, I escalated my case at PayPal about a week ago and today PayPal ruled in favor of EASunpower... This means that the claimed buyer protection by using PayPal is worthless.

Vi har gjennomgått transaksjonene dine og har avgjort å avvise kravene. Vi forstår det slik at varen som er knyttet til denne saken, ble endret mens den var i din besittelse. Derfor kan vi ikke avgjøre om varen er vesentlig forskjellig fra den opprinnelige beskrivelsen, så vi kan ikke avgjøre kravet i din favør.
Googletranslated:
We have reviewed your transactions and have decided to deny the claims. We understand that the item related to this case was altered while in your possession. Therefore, we cannot determine whether the item is significantly different from the original description, so we cannot determine the claim in your favorite.
I only followed orders from EASunpower as documented in the attached email...

Attachments

• Re Re SMW8k inverter sending energy to grid..pdf
    51.7 KB · Views: 33
I've got a bit of feedback from EASunpower. It seems that a few people have left the company and they didn't only leave, they left a whole lot of mess as well...

I'm still in a kind of dialog with EASunpower but it takes a lot of time...

Right now, we are trying to set up TeamViewer on my local PC which is hooked up to the inverter so that EASunpower can see for themselves what is going on.

Back