diy solar

diy solar

Budget MPPT Recommendations?

Siber

After looking over many solar charge controllers, these are my final contenders thus far.
Which ones should be avoided? (whether listed here or not)
Does anyone here use any of these?

-GCSOAR 60A, GCIT6024(10Li) +WIFI Cloud Box - $170
decent features, can be paralleled, unknown brand seems kind of new

-HQST 60A, HCC60HTR-PL-US - $200
decent features, can be paralleled, seems like a reputable brand, possibly comparable to Victron

-SolarEpic 60A, EM2460 - $160
decent features, can be paralleled, possibly tied with Epever which is fairly well-known and seems reputable, might be their newer model

-SolarEpic 60A, 16462 - $170
decent features, can be paralleled, possibly tied with Epever which is fairly well-known and seems reputable. might be their older model

-OAE 60A, the blue one - $190
basic features, unknown brand but might be one of the better knock-offs

-Easun Power 80A, MPPT4880 - $170
the only 80A in this list, basic features but might be one of the better built ones with a fairly long history, well-known brand

Thank You :)

My MPPT controller is in my All In One inverter. Therefore I don't know any of those names but I think a Tier One manufacturer is worth the money. There are reports of some MPPT controllers actually only being PWM controllers which in the long run will cost you more in lost efficiency that the money you saved on initial purchase.
I love Amazon but they are not the only resource for specialized items like charge controllers. What I want in an inverter is what I would want in a charge controller. Settings so I can vary the voltage on which I charge my batteries is the most important issues. Also voltage is the important spec not to exceed. Current is not as important and it is important to understand what the current rating refers to? Because of the differnce in voltage between in the incoming from the panels and what you are charging at, make sure your know which current spec you are looking at. Is it charging Amps or solar panel Amps.

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm looking to buy the 100 Amp version of this mppt, did you but it? how is it?

thanks

Back