diy solar

diy solar

Budget Portable Power

seangt

So.. first post after lots of reading.

I'm thinking about using a 100ah LiFePO4 as a portable generator/power pack. I was going to drop my new ACDBATT into the second/house battery compartment but there where more vehicle considerations that I first realized. (heat and my current Blue Sea ACR isn't a good fit)

So I've dropped the lead acid back in and considering building a portable version that would live inside the truck to run the 12v fridge.

Sounds like a DC to DC converter is the right way to go so questions...

Victrion seems top notch. Renology seems second. What about Kanruis? It's probably not the same quality but it's a lot cheaper and has MPTT solar input in the same box.

Thinking about using an old school battery box with the DC to DC mounted to it and just adding a few ports and a cheap gauge/meter with shunt.

Open to suggestions.

I have the Renogy 40amp DC-DC charger and it has been working good with my 280ah lifepo4 in the motorhome. I bought the $44 shunt meter on Amazon and it works fine for what I wanted.

Attachments

• 20220422_171324.jpg
    20220422_171324.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220115_202421.jpg
    20220115_202421.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 5
So.. first post after lots of reading.

I'm thinking about using a 100ah LiFePO4 as a portable generator/power pack. I was going to drop my new ACDBATT into the second/house battery compartment but there where more vehicle considerations that I first realized. (heat and my current Blue Sea ACR isn't a good fit)

So I've dropped the lead acid back in and considering building a portable version that would live inside the truck to run the 12v fridge.

Sounds like a DC to DC converter is the right way to go so questions...

Victrion seems top notch. Renology seems second. What about Kanruis? It's probably not the same quality but it's a lot cheaper and has MPTT solar input in the same box.

Thinking about using an old school battery box with the DC to DC mounted to it and just adding a few ports and a cheap gauge/meter with shunt.

Open to suggestions.

I dont know about the name, but that Kanruis looks interesting.

Back