diy solar

diy solar

Build list changes or recommendations before I order

RodKnock

Can you guys recommend changes to my build list before I order anything?

I had a Bluetti AC200Max that let the smoke out and I need to use the panels I have installed.

This setup is just ment to run freezers and recharge electronics when the power is out.
Roughly 2.1kw/day.

Already have the panels.
URECO solar panel specs:
Model - D7K390H8A
Pmax - 390w
VOC - 48.53v
ISC - 10.16a
Vmpp - 40.39v
Impp - 9.66a

Things to order.
  • 24V 200AH 5.12kWh LiFePower4 Battery by EG4
  • 3kW Stackable 24V 150VDC 80A Off-Grid Inverter by Growatt
  • 250V 63A Low-voltage DC Miniature Circuit Breaker for disconnecting the solar panels.
  • 2 AWG wire for Battery connection.
Will I have to high of a standby drain with that 3k inverter for the system?
Does it make sense to go with a 48v system for efficiency?

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you!

2AWG wire is a little small for a 3000W 24V inverter. That's 150A. 1AWG would be the minimum size. 1/0AWG would be better. Use that between the batteries and to the inverter. Add a 175A fuse between the battery and inverter. A Class-T would be best for the LiFePO₄ batteries.

You don't mention the number of solar panels and their arrangement.

Look at the specs or manual for the Growatt. There should be a listing for the idle load. That will tell you how much power it uses just by being turned on.

Thank you.
There are two panel in series.

No load power consumption is <50W.

I'm looking through the EG4 battery manual and not seeing anything about mounting orientation. Wondering if I can stand it on end and secure it to a wall so its foot print is less.

Last edited:
I'm looking through the EG4 battery manual and not seeing anything about mounting orientation. Wondering if I can stand it on end and secure it to a wall so its foot print is less.
Has anyone figure out the answer to this? I've seen two pictures of people sitting the EG4 battery on its end with the terminals facing up. Also, a few people say the vent has to be facing up?

Attachments

• bat.jpg
    bat.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 2
Back