diy solar

diy solar

Buildilgn an Eve 280 battery array for my camper: for your review

interestingfellow

I'm building a 2P8S Eve280 cell array and trying to sort out torque on threaded rods to compressive force on the cells. While I am not compressing the cells for the purposes of compression/extending life, I *AM* trying to build a solid and stable unit that will be mounted full time in a travel camper without over or undercompressing them.. I'm thinking of 1/4-20 threaded rods x4, with 2 pieces of angle iron on either end, compressing a thickness of plastic on either end. See poorly drawn diagram. IF, I want 12psi compressing the cells AND a single cell measures 174x206mm then that would be 56sqin, two cells would be 112sqin. At 12psi 112sqin would need 1346lbs of compression If there are 4 rods, that would be 337lbs each. According to this handy dandy chart I may have found because I once flunked out of engineering, and sprinkling in some math, I should be able to torque the nuts on each of the 4 threaded rods to 16.85ftlbs dry or 12.5ftlbs lubed to obtain the required 1346lbs of compressive force, yeah? And I was going to use some sort of thin double sided tape between all the cells, too. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!1624325817371.png1624325824818.png1624325832527.png

I’m at two months right now on my Luyuang cells, waiting now a couple of weeks for customs clearance.
I’m thinking a fifth piece of threaded rod as a handle on top, loose.
As I got the slightly higher quality cells from Amy I’m thinking I don’t need to sweat a lot of the super detailed stuff.
I’m just gonna do snug on the compression. I’m also using the <$20 Daly 4s, with a Victron controller to be conservative on the top end. I don’t think I’ll get to the bottom end often, so if needed I’ll use it all.

Back