diy solar

diy solar

Building a small Victron system, have some questions before I order everything

So cross the negative from the SCC to the bottom battery.

Also can you verify battery terminal voltage are hitting +15v?

What AWG is that going to the SCC? Did you use furerls (sp?) for the SCC connection? One of the bad things about Victron SCC is thier terminals and large gauge wire.

So no smart shunt installed?

Can you measure the impedance of the battery + terminal to the MPPT battery + terminal?

Another option is measuring the battery terminals to verify if they are seeing the voltage spike.

The controller may think the battery terminal is climbing, but if there is a bad connection the actual battery terminals may not be climbing as high.

If the terminal voltages are seeing the spike in voltage which is most likely, you’ll have to lower the voltage settings, the SCC should throttle back current so the BMS high voltage disconnect never operates.

Just an idea.

Also mad props for spending what $1000-$1500 in Victron gear for a <700w PV system. When are you ordering a 3k Multiplus?
Measured impedance and its .1ohm.

This is just the start. Plan to have an off grid garage/apartment eventually. Really needed remote management and renogy is garbage.

My apologies. Both batteries read 13.13v after being disconnected a while.

Have you tried to draw any load on the batteries to bring their state of charge down?

What does the SCC show for voltage if you shut off charging on the main screen?
That’s odd. Both batteries read 13.13v when disconnected but when I hooked them up individually to the SCC it’s saying it’s 12.8V which I verified on the terminals.

Terminals of the SCC or the batteries?

First connection to the battery should be the SCC, then you could double stack the inter battery connections.

Again cross up that negative SCC lead to the bottom battery negative terminal.

Terminals of the SCC or the batteries?

First connection to the battery should be the SCC, then you could double stack the inter battery connections.

Again cross up that negative SCC lead to the bottom battery negative terminal.

Batteries. Put the leads right on them with the SCC connected, one at a time. Didn't even have them hooked up in parallel for this test.

hmm the battery terminal voltage drop ~.3v when making the connection to the SCC?

Odd

Back