diy solar

diy solar

Building bank to suit space - Best Approach?

Yat

I am looking to expand capacity in an RV. The existing bank's dimensions are 515x162x254 and there is about that much room available for the 2nd bank. There is some additional room but I would like to target at or near those dimensions. I need to fit the BMS and some room for a heater.

My approach has been to find the right container, then look for cells that get me to as close a match as possible to existing bank. Existing bank is 12v 320a I believe it is using 110a cells.

I am aware the risk with mismatched capacity and I willing to account for those.

Any thoughts on the approach. I am finding it difficult to find a good source for boxes, I would like them to be as thin and light as possible, I am trying to avoid building the boxes but I suspect that might be my only choice. After sizing cells (as close to 320a as possible and BMS+Heater)

Thoughts?

My approach has been to find the right container, then look for cells that get me to as close a match as possible to existing bank.
Given how hard it is to get cells and the amount of time for most to cross the Pacific, I would first look at what is available in the timeframe available to craft this solution.

Maybe down the road there will be more choices and shorter timeframes.

But you may have to use what you can get and then add to or replace later.

Fitting batteries into little places is harder than it sounds.

Reactions: Yat
Given how hard it is to get cells and the amount of time for most to cross the Pacific, I would first look at what is available in the timeframe available to craft this solution.

Maybe down the road there will be more choices and shorter timeframes.

But you may have to use what you can get and then add to or replace later.

Fitting batteries into little places is harder than it sounds.
I am finding that out. I hopeful to find an ABS solution but I may venture into some custom fiberglass.

Back