diy solar

diy solar

Building my JBD 4S system

Aphers

Seeing as Overkill were sold out I went with a JBD unit. Bit surprised to find no instructions or documents included whatsoever, but I suppose you get what you pay for!

I'm trying to follow the instructions on the website: https://www.lithiumbatterypcb.com/p...munication-with-60a-to-120a-constant-current/

But I see that the connection diagram has an empty RS485 port whereas my unit has two wires (black and red) there. Any idea what I should do with these? Thanks

The diagram and photos on that web page don't match. you should have the connector with the wires to the batteries, the bluetooth, and the temperature probe

Thanks. I got an email back from James and it sounds as though I can just ignore those two wires.

Another question- can I hook up just the thin black and red that go to the +/-ve of the pack, and then see if I can actually talk to the BMS via Bluetooth? I'm assuming that these provide the BMS with power?

My BMS is still in the box. Was thinking the same thing but haven't tried it yet.

The diagram and photos on that web page don't match. you should have the connector with the wires to the batteries, the bluetooth, and the temperature probe
Thanks. I got an email back from James and it sounds as though I can just ignore those two wires.

Another question- can I hook up just the thin black and red that go to the +/-ve of the pack, and then see if I can actually talk to the BMS via Bluetooth? I'm assuming that these provide the BMS with power?
How is that unit working out? Do you have a link to where you bought it?

Back