diy solar

diy solar

Bus bar contact resistance

I just got done doing a new fuses blocks in a boat. started one tub. The stuff sure got soft from a week ago when it was cooler.

IMG_0653.jpeg

The Noalox (dark grey) is conducive but you have to get the probes incredibly close. The carbon is much easier to get a reading, pretty much just touch the probes in anywhere.

You sure about that?

NO-OX-ID "A-SPECIAL Electrical Grade" is the electrical contact grease of choice for new electrical installations and maintenance. NO-OX-ID electrical contact lubricant (electrical contact grease) is an electrically conductive grease that keeps metals free from rust and corrosion.
They should have said it promotes excellent electrical connections. Perhaps with larger surface area probes I might get a reading. From what I can gather it doesn’t contain any metals and it non reactive with a neutral ph. One of, if not the best stuff there is.

Last edited:
They should have said it promotes excellent electrical connections. Perhaps with larger surface area probes I might get a reading. From what I can gather it doesn’t contain any metals and it non reactive with a neutral ph. One of, if not the best stuff there is.

I'll have to bring home my jug following the next visit. I've got a megger if it comes to that.

Back