diy solar

diy solar

Bus bar vs wire for batteries build

mhenry2727

Hi

Have spent an inordinate amount of time researching without learning a lot so i thought I would go back to the beginning.

Have 16 Eve LF280K with M6 welded studs(look in great condtion physically)that I want to have the option to multipurpose- use as an individual 12v, or 24v or 48v and future proof as much as possible.

I have 4 JBD 150ah BMS(model SP04S028) which can be placed in series up to 48 v.

I am thinking i will compress the cells(1.5mm silicone sheet or 1/8 poron between cells-open to other recs as well) and they will at times be used in a boat-bounced around- as a starting battery (may use up to 350a for 1-2 seconds which looks kay with the battery and bms specs) and house battery with 2000watt inverter wiht max continuous max load less than 150a but in the future may want to go up to 3000 watt inverter. May also commission them as house back up batteriesfor my 10K home solar system

What would be the recommendation for bus bars-use the cheaper aluminum that came with the cells, buy/make new inflexible bus bars, buy/make flexible bus bars,or make flexible tinned copper silicone coated wires. I was leaning towards the latter and using 2/0awg.

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

m

Back