diy solar

diy solar

Bus Bars used on edge of prismatic cells?

Castaway Camper

Merry Christmas. Can someone tell me if the bus bars that typically come with EVE 304 ah cells are sized so that the cells can be connected from edge to edge as opposed to typical face to face, I want to build a 16S battery to a very specific finished size to fit a specific space, otherwise I would simple put them all face to face. Thanks in advance!

Merry Christmas. Can someone tell me if the bus bars that typically come with EVE 304 ah cells are sized so that the cells can be connected from edge to edge as opposed to typical face to face, I want to build a 16S battery to a very specific finished size to fit a specific space, otherwise I would simple put them all face to face. Thanks in advance!
As you say, the bus bars typically shipped are for face-to-face placement of the cells. Edge-to-edge placement requires a different (longer) bus bar. Some suppliers will ship some of the longer bus bars if you ask. (you may have to pay extra). Alternatively, you can buy some rectangular copper bar and make your own Bus Bars.

I was kinda thinking that may be the case, I guess if the provided bars are close fit I could perhaps lengthen the slot outward to fit?

I was kinda thinking that may be the case, I guess if the provided bars are close fit I could perhaps lengthen the slot outward to fit?
You will likely find the provided bars are too short for that. (Keep in mind that the busbar should contact as much of the cell terminal pad as possible)

I bought some 85mm (hole center to hole center) ones on AliExpress from the CALB Battery Store for about $2 each so I could arrange my cells end to end.
This was for EVE 280AH cells. You may have a different measurement. They had several, plus they are slotted by a few mm each way.

Back