diy solar

diy solar

Busbars For 280AH?

raptureinc88

How is everyone making there own busbars?

Im getting ready to top balance but I don’t have enough bars to connect all of my cells together.

Any specific thickness/width copper bars? Where do I typically find the material?

Thank you in advanced.

The busbars I will be making for my 280AH batteries will be 1/8" x 3/4" copper. I have a local metal supply house and I can buy it in 12' lengths for $33

How is everyone making there own busbars?
Here are some options
Im getting ready to top balance but I don’t have enough bars to connect all of my cells together.

Any specific thickness/width copper bars? Where do I typically find the material?

The busbars I will be making for my 280AH batteries will be 1/8" x 3/4" copper. I have a local metal supply house and I can buy it in 12' lengths for $33
Ok thank you and this is the correct thickness and width? I’m just asking because I have no idea. Can anything bad happen if I do a top balance with the wrong size busbars? Also is this size bar something I can use long term?

I didn't make mine. I ordered these found in this link.
IMO, if you can wait, they seem to work fine and allow for cell expansion and contraction without damaging the terminal posts

Ok thank you and this is the correct thickness and width? I’m just asking because I have no idea. Can anything bad happen if I do a top balance with the wrong size busbars? Also is this size bar something I can use long term?
When you top balance, the current is so small it almost doesn't matter. The size bus bar I am using is equivalent to a 2/0 cable. Plenty large enough for the 120A draw I am designing for.

Top balance with what? Typical 10 amp supply into #12 wire is fine. No need for a 200 amp bar.
Just string some wire down the line.

Back