diy solar

diy solar

Bussmann Breaker Between SSC and Battery

Nica McNeil

I am placing this 50 amp Bussmann circuit breaker on the positive line between the solar charge conroller and battery. I cannot find information about which post screw goes to the battery and which goes to the SCC, and the post screws aren't labeled so I don't know which is line and with is load. Does anyone know?
Bussmann CB255-50 Weatherproof Marine Rated High Amp Type III Panel Mnt Circuit Breaker - 50 Amp https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AH6N4...abc_EPD434ET8X4JZGP0T2AJ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Go to Bussmann, find the datasheet, look for polarity. Is this a polarized or non polarized breaker. If non polarized, it doesn't matter how you hook it up.

I was able to find data sheet (See attached image). But it has no information about the polarity.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210826-081147_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210826-081147_Gallery.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 7
Look on the back of the breaker. See if either stud has any kind of mark next to it. Perhaps a + or BAT symbol. If you see no indicator of any kind then it doesn't matter which is which.

If one stud is marked as the + or BAT then that stud should actually be connected to the SCC since the flow is from the SCC to your battery.

The markings on these breakers can be really hard to see.
Black on black and all.

Back