diy solar

diy solar

buy Bluetti AC50s for October delivery?

exit8

The Bluetti website is saying it will start shipping October 15.
The AC50s has the regulated 12V output.
The price with a discount code is $350.
It has a 300W inverter vs 500W for the Jackery 500 which is currently selling for $500 (I don't see a discount code for it).

Bluetti or Jackery ?
Thoughts?

Then we're down to your delay of gratification issues. Both seem to be quality products. Do you wait, or not. :)

The Bluetti is $150 cheaper too. :)
Just wondering whether the 300 W vs 500 W inverter makes up for the price difference.

One big difference to me is time to recharge from solar:
  • ~3 hours at max 200w for Bluetti
  • 9.5 hours at max 100w for Jackery

Sorry I had a typo, should be ~3 hours at 120w for Bluetti.

Yep, that is why I just bought one... It charges much faster, and since I live in Oregon, the less time it needs to charge the better. Lots of cloudy days here... and BTW, it is $360 on the Bluetti site with the 10% discount, not $350, unless I missed something.

Dennis

Yep, that is why I just bought one... It charges much faster, and since I live in Oregon, the less time it needs to charge the better. Lots of cloudy days here... and BTW, it is $360 on the Bluetti site with the 10% discount, not $350, unless I missed something.

Dennis

Which discount are you using?
The $350 was a special link I got in an email from Bluetti for the special pricing if I bought on Indiegogo.

I can't decide between the AC50S and the new Rockpals 500W/520WH unit that is supposedly going to be available Sept 20.
I haven't seen a review for the Rockpals.
Their older model 500W on Amazon is unavailable.

Which discount are you using?
The $350 was a special link I got in an email from Bluetti for the special pricing if I bought on Indiegogo.

I can't decide between the AC50S and the new Rockpals 500W/520WH unit that is supposedly going to be available Sept 20.
I haven't seen a review for the Rockpals.
Their older model 500W on Amazon is unavailable.

I must contact Bluetti about the discount... Why I picked the Bluetti over other power units was because they use high-quality lithium batteries made by LG and also the number of recharge lifecycles before you reach 80% capacity is >= 2500 charges. Also, charging times are faster, as apposed to others in the market. I will have to check out the Rockpal, but as for me, I would trust the Bluetti more at this point.

Checked it out... I didn't see anything mentioned that has a MPPT controller. Also the recharging times are ~9 hours, the AC Wall Charger, 12V Cigarette Lighter, Solar Panel (13~22V, 6A max)... vs the Bluetti specs of PV/AC Adapter----(DC 7.9*0.9mm): 42V/90W, OCV 14V~40V /MAX.10A,Solar Panel:10A(Max)14V~40V/Max.120W Max.10A.MC4 Connector of the Bluetti.

In my opinion, I would go with Bluetti... It's cheaper and has better specs. Just saying...

Dennis

Last edited:
Can't wait to get my AC50S. I got the AC50S because it has regulated DC output. I need that for my Cpap machine. The AC50 doesn't have regulated DC output, and it really doesn't matter if you don't need it as I do.

Like you, I will probably get two units as well later.

I must contact Bluetti about the discount... Why I picked the Bluetti over other power units was because they use high-quality lithium batteries made by LG and also the number of recharge lifecycles before you reach 80% capacity is >= 2500 charges. Also, charging times are faster, as apposed to others in the market. I will have to check out the Rockpal, but as for me, I would trust the Bluetti more at this point.

Checked it out... I didn't see anything mentioned that has a MPPT controller. Also the recharging times are ~9 hours, the AC Wall Charger, 12V Cigarette Lighter, Solar Panel (13~22V, 6A max)... vs the Bluetti specs of PV/AC Adapter----(DC 7.9*0.9mm): 42V/90W, OCV 14V~40V /MAX.10A,Solar Panel:10A(Max)14V~40V/Max.120W Max.10A.MC4 Connector of the Bluetti.

In my opinion, I would go with Bluetti... It's cheaper and has better specs. Just saying...

Dennis
I like Bluetti but the AC50 has 1000 cycles not 2500.

I like Bluetti but the AC50 has 1000 cycles not 2500.

I just checked the specs on the AC50 and AC50S and BOTH state that they have "Lifecycles: 2500+ Cycles". Not sure where you are getting only 1000...

I just checked the specs on the AC50 and AC50S and BOTH state that they have "Lifecycles: 2500+ Cycles". Not sure where you are getting only 1000...
Yep, I think it's the Jackery that has NMC batteries and closer to 1000 cycles. It's funny how you don't see any reference to NMC batteries in their advertising or most reviews that many youtubers hawkers do, there is a big difference IMHO.

I am not very interested in the AC50S but . .
Indiegogo Updates and FAQ
AC50S is NMC

Features and Spec:

• Rate: 500Wh/300W(Peak 450W)
• Cycle Time: 1000+
• Portable and Lightweight: 13.67pounds
• An easy-carry handle
• Super multiple ports: 1*45W Type-c / 4*USB / 2*DC / 1*Cigar Lighter / 1*Wireless / 2*AC
• AC/Solar/Car Recharge.
• LED Light
• Surge and short circuit protection
• Built-inbattery management system

AC50S is NMC

Features and Spec:

• An easy-carry handle
• Super multiple ports: 1*45W Type-c / 4*USB / 2*DC / 1*Cigar Lighter / 1*Wireless / 2*AC
• AC/Solar/Car Recharge.
• LED Light
I didn't know the AC50s was also NMC as well - thanks.

AC50S is NMC

Features and Spec:

• An easy-carry handle
• AC/Solar/Car Recharge.
• LED Light

That's weird... Bluetti's site says different... They say ~2500... I looked on Indiegogo and could not find anything related to the AC50 or AC50S... Do you have a link to this information? It looks like someone has some explaining to do... Grin.

Thanks,
Dennis

Back