diy solar

diy solar

buy Bluetti AC50s for October delivery?

Should I buy the AC50s with their 120W solar panel?
Right now it is bundled for $648.80 with possibly another 10% discount.

Thoughts?

I wouldn’t get the solar panels. I’m sure they are well made, but I can’t justify spending that much on a 120W panel. I would just get the AC50S with the 10% discount (10%OFFALL).

You can find decent 100W panels on Amazon for around 75-100 bucks all day long.

If you wanted them to be portable like the Bluetti’s, I would go with something like 2 of These. You can even join them together with some cheap hinges And fold them up when its time to put em away. They also have 60W Panels with kick stands built in, but they are a bit bigger.

I just bought one of these panels and will be buying another to make a foldable duel panel setup...
Looks like they have the two pack for $171.99 vs $87.99 for the one pack.
Was there a reason you bought the 1-pack vs the 2-pack?
I know it isn't much savings but still $4 is $4. :)

I am going to pull the trigger on the AC50s this Monday.

I wanted to check out the quality first before getting another. Quality is top-notch. I will be getting another now...

It is official.
I bought a AC50s using my brand new Chase Freedom Flex credit card --- the credit card which gives a sign-on bonus $200 off $500 plus 5% rewards the first year on groceries up to $1500 in rewards.
Yahoo!

It is official.
I bought a AC50s using my brand new Chase Freedom Flex credit card --- the credit card which gives a sign-on bonus $200 off $500 plus 5% rewards the first year on groceries up to $1500 in rewards.
Yahoo!

lol. I did the same when I got my Regular AC50, via the Amazon rewards card. Got $150 off plus another 30 off using the hobo tech discount code.

Nice score!

It is too bad that the 5% rewards with the Chase Freedom for Amazon ended Sept 30.
It would come in handy for buying the panel but I want to make sure I get the AC50s first.

It is too bad that the 5% rewards with the Chase Freedom for Amazon ended Sept 30.
It would come in handy for buying the panel but I want to make sure I get the AC50s first.

Does it? I still get 5% off any purchase with the Card on Amazon. Mine is the Business card. Maybe apply for that one too when it’s time to get the Panels.

You have the Chase Amazon Rewards credit card.
I have the regular Chase Freedom which isn't available anymore since it looks like Chase is transitioning to the Freedom Flex.
Chase Freedom has the revolving 5% categories every quarter.
Q4 2020 is Walmart and Paypal.
Q3 2020 was Amazon and Whole Foods.

You have the Chase Amazon Rewards credit card.
I have the regular Chase Freedom which isn't available anymore since it looks like Chase is transitioning to the Freedom Flex.
Chase Freedom has the revolving 5% categories every quarter.
Q4 2020 is Walmart and Paypal.
Q3 2020 was Amazon and Whole Foods.

Actually I have the Amex Business Prime card. Chase wouldn’t give me a card since I stiffed them years ago when the economy crashed. Lmao.

I just joined this forum because I an new to the solar world. I was getting ready to order the AC50 and then came across the AC50s. I did pre-order it yesterday. Problem is, I know all the specs for the AC50, but not the AC50s. I've been watching Hobotech on You Tube. You should check him out if you haven't already - He usually has discount codes to use on Amazon. He hasn't done a full video on the AC50s. I need to buy solar panels for it now, but there are so many numbers and cords and specifications that I don't know how to determine which will work with it! I prefer folding and portable ones. These seem to be the most unclear on Amazon. For example- the AC50 needs a panel(s) between 14 and 40 VOC. On most I can't find the VOC number. Any help or input on this is greatly appreciated!

I wanted to buy two of these to use with my AC50s, however, the VOC is 26.4 volts, x2 puts it over the max for this, correct?

Vicki,

As I understand it, the AC50s is exactly the same as the AC50 in terms of specifications except that the 12V out is regulated.

I am new. What does VOC stand for?

Vicki,

As I understand it, the AC50s is exactly the same as the AC50 in terms of specifications except that the 12V out is regulated.

I am new. What does VOC stand for?
It's the Open Circuit Voltage. I believe that you have to stay within the limits for each panel - The AC 50 has a range between 14 and 40. Someone else told me that if you go over, it will most likely damage the panel.. Hope this information is correct..

I just read the manual https://cdn.shopifycdn.net/s/files/..._User_Manual_16.061.00248-01.pdf?v=1598865324
and it says that the maximum is 40 VOC when asked about having panels in series (page 13) .
So you are right.

Hobotech did a review about putting 80W panels in parallel. I don't know how that would work with the AC50s.
Exactly - It is confusing with the parallel and series connections. What I am having a problem with is finding a foldable/portable panel within the VOC range, with a kickstand, can be run in parallel or series and with MC4 connectors. If it doesn't have the proper cables, then you need to know what extra cables and connectors you'll need. Not all of this information is given on Amazon on the panels I am looking at. I'm overwhelmed! I have been watching Hobotech and researching this for hours!

Back