diy solar

diy solar

buy Bluetti AC50s for October delivery?

Will did a review of the AC50 which he didn't like and I thought was not accurate. He didn't like the unregulated 12V port which the AC50S corrected. He thought the charging was slow (no test results) even though it has an MPPT controller and charges around 120 watts, same as the Jackery 500. He said it was overpriced yet I got mine for $350(with a code) which is $150 less than the Jackery. Although the AC50S price was just increased to $429. He complained about the 300 watt inverter which of course is 200 watts less than the Jackery 500. The Bluetti has LG cells which probably means 1000 cycles or more....again better than the Jackery 500. So you decide. BTW, you won't be able to get an AC50S till AFTER November 15.
@ronbotex @exit8 Thank you! Thankfully I was an early buyer and I got mine yesterday. I was just trying to remember the selling points and try to answer the 20 questions my wife was asking me about it. I have had it outside today charging with the SP120! It's cool. I have nothing to compare it to though. If anyone has any questions about it let me know maybe I can answer and/or send real life pics.

I am fine with waiting, but I do not want my credit card to be charged until the unit is shipped.

Did anyone else get charged already too? I was charged the day I ordered from site (with Oct. 12th ship date listed)... and now being told the same thing, like everyone else, that units are not shipping until November. I agree with exit8’s statement above; I don’t like being charged before an item ships...

I have faith it will show up in November, but on other hand, gonna be hard to fight a charge that’s months old if for some reason orders are not fulfilled.

I think the whole point of IGG is that they are raising money so that they can produce the product. Maxoak/Bluetti is good for it. That's why Will and Hobotech were adamant about supporting it and Hobotech saying "do not support vaporware." Buying from IGG isn't like buying from a store. They gave a deadline of being able to cancel an order and I think I was charged in the vicinity of that date, a long time ago. They might be having some growing pains but they not screwing people and they are being communicative. IMO.

I think the whole point of IGG is that they are raising money so that they can produce the product. Maxoak/Bluetti is good for it. That's why Will and Hobotech were adamant about supporting it and Hobotech saying "do not support vaporware." Buying from IGG isn't like buying from a store. They gave a deadline of being able to cancel an order and I think I was charged in the vicinity of that date, a long time ago. They might be having some growing pains but they not screwing people and they are being communicative. IMO.
Leo3: I see what you are saying about IGG to raise funds, but I purchased from the Bluetti site, not from a “kick starter” like situation... I have no worries that I won’t get, just thought it was strange being charged already, and not shipping till month later...

Leo3: I see what you are saying about IGG to raise funds, but I purchased from the Bluetti site, not from a “kick starter” like situation... I have no worries that I won’t get, just thought it was strange being charged already, and not shipping till month later...
Oh yeah you're right that is different. Most companies would wait in that case I think.

Oh yeah you're right that is different. Most companies would wait in that case I think.
I have no worries, I’m pretty sure Bluetti is a reliable company... and will reimburse anyone, if it came to it. Just stinks when one places an order from a site (for a new toy) and it states; shipping starts early next week (yay), then changes to later next week (still okay), then changes again to way-way later (well boo). ?

I have no worries, I’m pretty sure Bluetti is a reliable company... and will reimburse anyone, if it came to it. Just stinks when one places an order from a site (for a new toy) and it states; shipping starts early next week (yay), then changes to later next week (still okay), then changes again to way-way later (well boo). ?
I concur. I pre-ordered in mid-September (from Bluetti, not indiegogo) with a clearly stated ship date of October 12. So i thought OK , I'll wait a month. Now it's two (at least). I used PayPal so they got their money instantly. Then several weeks after, they changed it to November 15. They need to be more realistic/honest with their delivery times.

I ordered October 2.
It is very odd that you ordered before I did and won't be getting yours.
It should be the "investors" first, i.e. the folks who ordered on Indiegogo and then the folks who ordered on Bluetti.com.
Not that I am complaining, but I would not be happy if I was in your shoes.

exit8.....Bluetti makes innovative products at a decent price. Their customer service and fulfillment are sub par. I get automatic notice of any UPS shipment, so I'll wait rather than deal with CS again. My AC100 took longer than expected too. Apparently it is not first come first serve. since i pre-ordered two weeks before you did on the Bluetti website.:poop:

Last edited:
Did you order the SP120 bundled?

That's my next thing I need to buy when I get the AC50s ... solar panels.
Yes I ordered 2 SP120’s bundled with the AC200 as a “perk” on IGG. The 2 panels came in over a month ago. The 50S came in on Oct 19th (first “UPS label printed” shipping email was on Oct 9th, it shipped on 15th, delivered on 19th. Today I received my “ups label printed” email for the AC200.

My AC50s arrived early evening yesterday.
The box was wrapped in a plastic bag similar in material to those my prescription medication is mailed in.

I waited until this morning to unbox.

I noticed that the AC50s was powered on when I removed it from the box.
I plugged it into AC outlet to charge.

I will test all of the DC and AC outputs to make sure everything is working.

Next up is buying solar panels.

I noticed that the AC50s was powered on when I removed it from the box.
That is weird. Mine was not on. Could you tell how charged it was when you plugged it in?

That is weird. Mine was not on. Could you tell how charged it was when you plugged it in?
I did not notice the number on the display, but I noticed that the last segment on the display was flashing on/off.

I only noticed the display was on when because of the reflection of it on the plastic bag protecting the unit.
I had just removed the top foam.
The display was facing away from me.

but I noticed that the last segment on the display was flashing on/off.
I did read that the segment(s) it's currently charged within will light up when charging. My last two segments flashed when I plugged it into an SP120 panel.

Once you know it's fully charged, I'm curious to know if that last segment will stop flashing or will it just keep flashing as long as it's plugged in. It would be nice if it would stop flashing to indicate it's done.

It does stop flashing when it is fully charged.

I have a Roku plugged into it right now. :)
Charged up a tablet.
Charged up a smartphone.

I just joined this forum. I received my AC50s last week. I also bought two 120w paxcess solar panels to go along with it. I bought the panels directly from paxcess for $160 each and thought it was a decent deal. Even though the seller of the panels on Amazon says that they can't be connected in series or parallel I've done both. The panels are of high built quality and are working great. I would have liked if the panels already came came with MC4 connectors for ease of connectivity. I had to buy 8mm female to MC4 cables which are of high quality but relatively expensive. Perhaps it would've been better and/or cheaper to buy panels that came with MC4 cables even if the cables are not as high of quality as the ones I bought.

120w paxcess solar panels
Is it the one w/ USB outputs? Looks nice. ?
I would have liked if the panels already came came with MC4 connectors for ease of connectivity
Are you saying the output on the panels is 8mm, because isn't that what plugs into the AC50S? Or are you saying the output is MC4 so you had to buy the extra cable

Back