diy solar

diy solar

Buy Cells in Canada and the Risk of Cheap Cells?

There's a new thread that shows the customer got nothing. The whole thing was a fraud.

There's a new thread that shows the customer got nothing. The whole thing was a fraud.

Thanks Kindly for sharing. I will ask in that thread but I am curious the source of the info. I believe it to be true.. Just wondering where the info comes from.

Thanks!

After much deliberation, I opted not to import from China for all the reasons discussed here and elsewhere, and I am definitely a do-it-yourselfer. For me, the savings barely justified all the rigmarole and uncertainty. Many of the ready made batteries are expensive, but this fellow is very competitive with the ready-made market. As promised, my 280Ah pack arrived in 2-3 weeks, charged with all cells well balanced. It's early days yet and I am not set up for real capacity testing, but so far I have drawn 140A loads for several minutes at a time with no issues and all looks good.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-other/grande-prairie/lithium-battery-packs/1581996362

After much deliberation, I opted not to import from China for all the reasons discussed here and elsewhere, and I am definitely a do-it-yourselfer. For me, the savings barely justified all the rigmarole and uncertainty. Many of the ready made batteries are expensive, but this fellow is very competitive with the ready-made market. As promised, my 280Ah pack arrived in 2-3 weeks, charged with all cells well balanced. It's early days yet and I am not set up for real capacity testing, but so far I have drawn 140A loads for several minutes at a time with no issues and all looks good.
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-buy-sell-other/grande-prairie/lithium-battery-packs/1581996362
Interesting....individual 280Ah 3.2V cells for $250CAD tho....damn.

Well yes I was referring to the battery packs as the best value I have seen in Canada, not the cells. That is why I did not build. I have not found any inexpensive cells without importing.

I wonder if this member (DaveF) has anything worth pursuing? I have not contacted him:

You might want to speak to @Steve_S about his experience (in Canada) with vendors and importing cells.
Sorry, I looked back and see he has already participated. I know his advice lead me to purchase from the same vendor three times, and I've been extremely pleased with the results (currently waiting on a fourth order). However I'm in the US.

Back