diy solar

diy solar

Buying 280ah cells from UK - ? help

x4dow

Might be a long shot as most here are in the US.

Struggling on which to buy from as the usual recommended alibaba supplier (Amy Wan) is almost $750 on shipping cost alone to UK even if you just order 1 cell + import duty on top.

Would prefer from aliexpress just not sure who is trustable or not. If anyone from uk/Europe could share their experience on ordering 280ah cells would be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
Yes. IIRC, the website shipping to the U.S. was 3X what she gave me via direct message.

Spoken with her, they seem to have different (newer) eve cells that come with flat terminals (no screw socket) and they weld studs into them. Anyone ordered those new eve cells yet? Screenshot_20210212-165224.pngScreenshot_20210212-165242.png

I'm in UK and have ordered Lishen 272 Ah cells from Amy. I think the Eve cells have come in new and are supposedly more like A grade but I saw others discussing here that the difference is probably marginal. They're more expensive? Lishen 272Ah were $78 when I ordered them.

Shipping was $880 for 32 cells. Definitely get a quote, none of the shipping quotes on Alibaba were correct.

I ordered 8 lishen 272ah cells from Shenzhen shouhuzhe on the 4th of December and they will be delivered this afternoon. I was £575 for the cells, delivery and import taxes/vat.

You could ask Michael b caro if he can get cells thru his group buy thread. I’m sure I seen someplace he said that he could get shipping to the Uk again. Brexit seems to have cause a bit of an issue for importing from China.

I ordered 8 lishen 272ah cells from Shenzhen shouhuzhe on the 4th of December and they will be delivered this afternoon. I was £575 for the cells, delivery and import taxes/vat.
damn that's a good value. i paid around £100 per cell for the 280's. should had gone with the 272s

F3BC4AA0-D6AB-41B9-9BBF-03B7EF136776.jpegGood value but badly packaged. 4 are damaged.
hopefully they can sort it out and will replace the damaged ones.

I’ve started a thread with more detailed pics. The packaging is a joke, there’s no protective foam

I'm going to be ordering 64 of these cells to the UK soon (within the next month or so), so could split shipping with someone if you're in a similar position. They will be shipped to my workshop near Tunbridge Wells.

I'm going to be ordering 64 of these cells to the UK soon (within the next month or so), so could split shipping with someone if you're in a similar position. They will be shipped to my workshop near Tunbridge Wells.

Bought my car in Tunbridge Wells. I ordered 16 from Amy Wan last week or so . Waiting now

Bought my car in Tunbridge Wells. I ordered 16 from Amy Wan last week or so . Waiting now
I ordered from Amy (Shenzen Luyuan) at the end of January. I hope they made it on to the ship before the Chinese New Year. I'm till waiting to find out the ship name to track them.

The new cells which Luyuan is selling are direct from EVE not from battery brokers. Amy has negotiated Direct Supply Contracts with the companies and that means no "new old stock" or 3rd party stuff. *Even the QR Codes reflect the difference as they have cell ratings on them.

New (Matched) EVE-280AH/896Wh cells - Photo of one which I received from Amy @ Luyuan Tech Link to 280AH cell page.
The laser welded Lugs on the cells are quite a bit nicer than having to deal with bolts, grub screws etc.
Matched EVE-280 QR
There are two classes,

The Matched & Tested @ EVE Factory, cost more obviously but still a good value. If a 3rd party was to do such batch testing, it typically costs 50% of the cell cost which is added to the price. See QR Code shown for a Matched Cell.
Matched & Batched cells will charge & discharge at equal rates and will remain in balance far better over their entire operating range.

Bulk EVE-280 QR Code
<--- Bulk Commodity cells which are still Grade-A but not matched and usually on the edges of the Grade Spec.

Unmatched cells will deviate and most often will have Runners which will either reach discharge Lo Volt Cutoff or Hi Volt Cutoff before the other cells limiting the overall capacity of the battery pack. Bottom to Top Charge & Balancing can address some of that to "a point". A Good Active Balancer can also mitigate some of these issues but it's not a perfect solution.

FYI, CNY (Chinese New Year) has just ended and all the Chinese businesses will be back to "Full Throttle" by the 1st of March, expect at least 2 weeks delays on things due to backlogged shipments & orders and of course any Covid Related delays at the shipping & receiving ports.

SHIPPING TO UK can be tricky since Brexit and things being sorted, never underestimate bureaucratic stupidity, they always find a way to mess things up. Contact ANY Vendor directly on Alibaba using the messenger / chat facility on the webpage. The Shipping Guesstimators are only sample shipping rates.

Hope it helps, Good Luck.
PS: Before anyone asks how I got mine so quick, the last batch was by Air-Freight (ouch $) and UPS even screwed that up.

Thank you
The new cells which Luyuan is selling are direct from EVE not from battery brokers. Amy has negotiated Direct Supply Contracts with the companies and that means no "new old stock" or 3rd party stuff. *Even the QR Codes reflect the difference as they have cell ratings on them.

New (Matched) EVE-280AH/896Wh cells - Photo of one which I received from Amy @ Luyuan Tech Link to 280AH cell page.
The laser welded Lugs on the cells are quite a bit nicer than having to deal with bolts, grub screws etc.
View attachment 38545
There are two classes,

The Matched & Tested @ EVE Factory, cost more obviously but still a good value. If a 3rd party was to do such batch testing, it typically costs 50% of the cell cost which is added to the price. See QR Code shown for a Matched Cell.
Matched & Batched cells will charge & discharge at equal rates and will remain in balance far better over their entire operating range.

View attachment 38546
<--- Bulk Commodity cells which are still Grade-A but not matched and usually on the edges of the Grade Spec.

Unmatched cells will deviate and most often will have Runners which will either reach discharge Lo Volt Cutoff or Hi Volt Cutoff before the other cells limiting the overall capacity of the battery pack. Bottom to Top Charge & Balancing can address some of that to "a point". A Good Active Balancer can also mitigate some of these issues but it's not a perfect solution.

FYI, CNY (Chinese New Year) has just ended and all the Chinese businesses will be back to "Full Throttle" by the 1st of March, expect at least 2 weeks delays on things due to backlogged shipments & orders and of course any Covid Related delays at the shipping & receiving ports.

SHIPPING TO UK can be tricky since Brexit and things being sorted, never underestimate bureaucratic stupidity, they always find a way to mess things up. Contact ANY Vendor directly on Alibaba using the messenger / chat facility on the webpage. The Shipping Guesstimators are only sample shipping rates.

Hope it helps, Good Luck.
PS: Before anyone asks how I got mine so quick, the last batch was by Air-Freight (ouch $) and UPS even screwed that up.
Thank you for the info.
Feeling less bad for paying 20% kore via Amy than other sellers are selling for

Too many folks make assumptions, jump to conclusions without facts or details. That rarely works out well in the end and leaves people being upset because their "expectations" were not met, regardless of how far off they were due to lack of understanding. The info is not hidden but oddly some folks just don't even want to see what is outside of their "expectations".

Does anyone know if I will be charged import tax when importing these cells into the UK (over the standard 20% VAT)?

Does anyone know if I will be charged import tax when importing these cells into the UK (over the standard 20% VAT)?
Amy said that there would be no import tax (not sure if she means import duty with that) but considering I paid 500usd postage and tax, its probably correct. Will wait and see

Back