diy solar

diy solar

Buying 280ah cells from UK - ? help

Does anyone know if I will be charged import tax when importing these cells into the UK
The import tax is 2% for lithium batteries, assuming the Chinese company did not collect the vat and taxes,

Example, the cost of goods and shipping = £1000
tax = 2% (1000) = £20
value added tax = 20% ( 1000 + 20) = £204
handling fee £12 to £25 = £12

Total = £1236

This is based on my experience on goods received in January this year. Its not clear if this will be the continuing situation as overseas suppliers are suposed to register with UK customs and collect VAT and import tax at the point of sale.

Mike

I didn’t pay any last week when mine arrived. Ask for ddp shipping and you pay it when you order the cells. That way it’s done and probably at the Chinese rate rather than the uk rate

I didn’t pay any last week when mine arrived. Ask for ddp shipping and you pay it when you order the cells. That way it’s done and probably at the Chinese rate rather than the uk rate
amy said "Shipping by sea, arrival to the door , DDP, tax included, " so i guess i wont be stung by it then

This is based on my experience on goods received in January this year. Its not clear if this will be the continuing situation as overseas suppliers are suposed to register with UK customs and collect VAT and import tax at the point of sale.

Mike
That's only for shipments under £135. Larger ones carry on as before

So, I'm in the same situation as a few folks on this thread. Want to buy some 280Ah cells. Based in the UK. Can't decide whether to a) buy 16 as a test or b) buy 50 to complete a couple of projects.
Then I can't decide whether to go with Amy at $115 per cell or Xuba at $82. Big diff, but as Steve_S says, they are probably better quality.
I'd happily join/organise a group buy, but the discount on shipping doesn't seem to make any difference to be honest. Shipping is almost directly proportional to the number of cells ('cos weight) so a group buy probably doesn't help us...

A reminder to folks, the 280AH cells weigh 5kg +/-300g EACH, they are NOT D Cells LOL.... many people often don't consider how heavy these blighters are.

$82 cells from Xuba = Bulk Commodity ESS cells. Read the link in my signature about Bulk ESS cells.
Independently Matched, Batched & Binned they could go as high as $125 + waste cell cost (cells that do not match up get tossed - Back to Brokers).

So, I'm in the same situation as a few folks on this thread. Want to buy some 280Ah cells. Based in the UK. Can't decide whether to a) buy 16 as a test or b) buy 50 to complete a couple of projects.
Then I can't decide whether to go with Amy at $115 per cell or Xuba at $82. Big diff, but as Steve_S says, they are probably better quality.
I'd happily join/organise a group buy, but the discount on shipping doesn't seem to make any difference to be honest. Shipping is almost directly proportional to the number of cells ('cos weight) so a group buy probably doesn't help us...
I'm getting 272Ah Lishen from Amy at $78. They seemed the best value to me. I'll check out each cell individually before setting them up in 4 cell packs.

Back