diy solar

diy solar

Buying from AliExpress within the EU

Hi all

Great site this; lots of useful info.

Just wondering. I'm looking to buy some LiFePO4 batteries for my 1989 VW T3 Type 25 LHD 1.6TD JX Westfalia California poptop campervan. As space is limited and my power demands fairly low, I'd settle for 100 to 120ah battery

I'm interested in AliExpress because of their very low prices. I noticed that most are shipped from China but this takes months to arrive. Should any dispute arise, not unlikely, then cost and duration of returning to China would be prohibitive. The whole process might take several months.

I also noticed that some are located in warehouses in the European Union with free and speedy delivery to my home in Ireland. There would also be the added advantage of being protected by very strict EU consumer laws.

What's brands would people recommend. There are so many available with a wide range of prices. I'm open to both complete batteries or DIY prismatic cells.

Thanks folks and may your electrons continue to flow freely...

Hi all

Great site this; lots of useful info.

Just wondering. I'm looking to buy some LiFePO4 batteries for my 1989 VW T3 Type 25 LHD 1.6TD JX Westfalia California poptop campervan. As space is limited and my power demands fairly low, I'd settle for 100 to 120ah battery

I'm interested in AliExpress because of their very low prices. I noticed that most are shipped from China but this takes months to arrive. Should any dispute arise, not unlikely, then cost and duration of returning to China would be prohibitive. The whole process might take several months.

I also noticed that some are located in warehouses in the European Union with free and speedy delivery to my home in Ireland. There would also be the added advantage of being protected by very strict EU consumer laws.

What's brands would people recommend. There are so many available with a wide range of prices. I'm open to both complete batteries or DIY prismatic cells.

Thanks folks and may your electrons continue to flow freely...
Welcome Brian,

There are many on Ali express that will take your money and sell you duds and a few on Alibaba that will do the same. Probably the best thing to do is find the name of the seller and do a search on here to see if anyone has left positive reviews.

Take a look at Amy Wan from Shezen Luyuan Alibaba and Amy Zheng from DocanPower. I hav purchased cells from Amy Wan and they have been great.

Thanks Tim.

I'll have a look at these sellers.

I found a AliExpress shop, Kepworth, who seem to have a lot of positive reviews, ship from Germany so covered by EU Law. Prices reasonable too. I'll ask here about them too.

Back