diy solar

diy solar

Buying panels from China

I guess i have it good! No restrictions on size panels you can bring in...no customs duty(duty free item) but there is v.a.t also there is a cap on the size you can gride tie here....i just ordered 11kw of 550w panels....will see how this turns out in a bit...

Screenshot_20210409-041404_Alibabacom.jpg

Emma is my contact...very patient great english and responds quickly!

I have in a post here and there (and I can't find it right now). But in essence there is very little to say: they arrived without damage, the panels look good, and they perform as expected.

I'm trying to find 60 (or 30) cell flexible panels. I am trying to keep the weight down. I have not found any in the USA. China will sell them for $300ea, with another $1500 for shipping. But I did not know about the tariff until I read this.

Does anyone know of any 30 or 60 cell flexible mono panels in the USA?

looking to order 10kw of panels into Canada, just checking goverment website it still states - "laminates or thin-film products with a power output not exceeding 100W, 195W monocrystalline photovoltaic modules" anything above 195w still subject to higher import tax. So i guess your left with the possibility of buying 10kw/195w = 51 panels or so, which wouldnt be too bad if you have the space...

Link to regs - https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/sima-lmsi/mif-mev/sml-eng.html
I had no joy with the gov't website at all. I hired a broker and asked my questions and let them figure it out. What they told me was a small number and was encouraging.
I have just received 20 Yangze 550 watt panels, and the whole transaction went well. In North America it seems that the 100 to 320 watts are common, and I have not found a higher wattage panel available here at any price.
Bear in mind, I ordered at the worst possible time of year for China exports, December 22. The BOL said they were loaded on the Maliakos V on March 11. I waited the 22 days necessary, and watched the ship online, and my order never came. I was about to call my broker and my buyer agent when I received a Pre-Arrival notice from Binex, the dock and wharehouse. Turns out the panels were transferred to a ship S.M Busan, and left port on March 19. The Panels were loaded onto the dock today, April 9. My tax and import duties are $404, payable by Paypal At this moment my broker has notified me that my shipment has been released from customs and is available. Were it not for the Wuhan flu, I would drive down and pick them up and see my Grandchildren, But I am paying $319 truck freight to get them home.
I consider this a nice smooth transaction, YMMV.
I have a friend who is now bringing them in by container load cause he sees the hole in the market too. If you want Mamoud's # pm me.

I had no joy with the gov't website at all. I hired a broker and asked my questions and let them figure it out. What they told me was a small number and was encouraging.
I have just received 20 Yangze 550 watt panels, and the whole transaction went well. In North America it seems that the 100 to 320 watts are common, and I have not found a higher wattage panel available here at any price.
Bear in mind, I ordered at the worst possible time of year for China exports, December 22. The BOL said they were loaded on the Maliakos V on March 11. I waited the 22 days necessary, and watched the ship online, and my order never came. I was about to call my broker and my buyer agent when I received a Pre-Arrival notice from Binex, the dock and wharehouse. Turns out the panels were transferred to a ship S.M Busan, and left port on March 19. The Panels were loaded onto the dock today, April 9. My tax and import duties are $404, payable by Paypal At this moment my broker has notified me that my shipment has been released from customs and is available. Were it not for the Wuhan flu, I would drive down and pick them up and see my Grandchildren, But I am paying $319 truck freight to get them home.
I consider this a nice smooth transaction, YMMV.
I have a friend who is now bringing them in by container load cause he sees the hole in the market too. If you want Mamoud's # pm me.
Interesting post Ironman. Are you in the US?

Interesting post Ironman. Are you in the US?
No. I am in Western Canada. This was imported into the Port of Vancouver. And these prices are in CDN.
If I was in the US, I would not try importing from China. And I often think some of the grief members experience is from the action governments take.

No. I am in Western Canada. This was imported into the Port of Vancouver. And these prices are in CDN.
If I was in the US, I would not try importing from China. And I often think some of the grief members experience is from the action governments take.

I know a guy who buys stolen goods repeatedly. I avoid him. No concern about their origin whatsoever because he saves money.
Fortunately in the US, selling stolen property is illegal and good people don't do it.

Back