buying panels in bulk

MaximusAnonus

Solar Enthusiast
BMS setup arrived today. I can't get over the fact that the parallel modules are shaped like cars lol. Came at 140 USD per set (BMS+parallel module+shipping).
Panels got pushed to 12th of April.

Attachments

• signal-2022-04-07-161257_001.jpeg
    signal-2022-04-07-161257_001.jpeg
    772 KB · Views: 10

MaximusAnonus

Solar Enthusiast
The panels have arrived today after 54 days since the day I've first messaged "DAH SOLAR Brain" on WhatsApp. Very well packaged and none were damaged. I will add some photos later. But I can wholehardheartedly recommend this seller.

RV10flyer

Solar Addict
I bought two sets of Chines cells from 2 suppliers and it was smooth sailing. I have tried hard like 5 times to buy China panels and it is almost like they don't want to sell them, or you can get them for the same price here in the states... I am in Michigan and keep going back to Alte on the east coast....I have bought 3 sets from them...Local Michigan suppliers were expensive also.
I like Alt-E too. Try CED Greentech. 20% less if you are within 3 hrs to pick up. 🤩

nezjnr

The panels have arrived today after 54 days since the day I've first messaged "DAH SOLAR Brain" on WhatsApp. Very well packaged and none were damaged. I will add some photos later. But I can wholehardheartedly recommend this seller.
Did you pay using Alibaba or out of Alibaba?

MaximusAnonus

Solar Enthusiast
Both payments (the first 30% deposit and then the rest) went through normal bank transfer. Only like the first few messages were through Alibaba the rest was done on WhatsApp/E-Mail.

MaximusAnonus

Solar Enthusiast
The EPever Tracer10420AN MPPT chargers have arrived so now I can also confirm that Ningbo Cinco Solar Co., Ltd. is a reputable company. They were very well packaged too. I've talked to "Mrs. Molly Peng" she speaks good English and was very helpful.
So it looks like I have everything I needed from China the rest is better to be bought locally. Now to simply mount in on the several roofs I have left and connect it all together and I'll be done with it. 😅

I've also tried to get some solar cables quoted since the installation will be pretty far away from the chargers/batteries/inverter but honestly it's not worth it. 0 difference in price. Better to buy cable locally at least here in Europe.

And beware that since 1st of May 2022 it's supposedly harder to get panels directly from DAH. Maybe you will have to go through some local sales manager I don't know.

nezjnr

The EPever Tracer10420AN MPPT chargers have arrived so now I can also confirm that Ningbo Cinco Solar Co., Ltd. is a reputable company. They were very well packaged too. I've talked to "Mrs. Molly Peng" she speaks good English and was very helpful.
So it looks like I have everything I needed from China the rest is better to be bought locally. Now to simply mount in on the several roofs I have left and connect it all together and I'll be done with it. 😅

I've also tried to get some solar cables quoted since the installation will be pretty far away from the chargers/batteries/inverter but honestly it's not worth it. 0 difference in price. Better to buy cable locally at least here in Europe.

And beware that since 1st of May 2022 it's supposedly harder to get panels directly from DAH. Maybe you will have to go through some local sales manager I don't know.
My MPP inverters and charge controllers just cleared customs and should be delivered Monday hopefully. Ordered all my conduit and switchboards to start putting it all together.

I tried to order cables online as well, I'm sure there a lot cheaper but no one wants to talk to you or the they won't tell you the minimum, to make an order. I also ended up looking locally, going to spend probably AU$10,000 on cables.
100m of 95mm is almost AU$3000.

I didn't have much problem ordering, shipping was my biggest hold up my friend could only organise CIF terms, so I had to get customs clearance and shipping to my house myself, there supposed to be manufacturing my panels in the next week or two, I got 93 Panels of 550W bifacial.

peter_memo4

Both payments (the first 30% deposit and then the rest) went through normal bank transfer. Only like the first few messages were through Alibaba the rest was done on WhatsApp/E-Mail.
in conclusion
your order was about 2pallets , 62pcs x 550w, 72cells at 136usd/panel
shipping was 54day from initial 30% payment, the rest was payed when panels arrived at rotterdam
how much was the shipping and if there was some other fees

MaximusAnonus

Solar Enthusiast
Europe has no import tax on solar panels at the moment. Depending on your use case you would have to pay VAT of course.

peter_memo4

thank you for this quick reply.
with the vat everything is clear. in my case is 19%
can you give us the price you payed for shipping (per panel or for entire lot )?
thank you

MaximusAnonus

Solar Enthusiast
And to clarify while I did buy it "from the EU warehouse" I was in fact buying panels that were still on a ship bound for Rotterdam. That's why the long delivery date. It took like 5 days from Rotterdam to me.
Also I have no idea how many/if any panels are in stock in their EU warehouse now. But I do know the minimal amounts of panels you have to order changed somewhat (supposedly this is different per each country).