diy solar

diy solar

byd battery

djray30

I want to use a byd battery for my first solar setup. Has anyone bought the BYD LFP 24V 5kwh 200ah battery from Tech direct Inc.?

use the search,type BYD.enjoy.
i have two.other members here have many more.

Yes, many have bought those. I bought one back in Feb from BigBattery.com. As long as you understand that they are a used module, and not to expect more than 3 kwh out of them, you'll be ok. (See the "70-80% of original capacity" fine print.) If you get a little more, great.

They are well-built and work fine. The only issue I've had with mine (and others have as well) is the bms cutting out at about 28v during charging. This may be from a cell reaching a value of say 3.60 or 3.65 before the others, I don't know. I also don't know how to access the bms settings to change them. But, I didn't look very hard for a way, because I only want to charge to 28v anyway. I did "hack" a JST-XH connector and cable into it so I could use a BatteryGo to check the cells. They weren't too bad - 2 of the 8 cells do lead the others as the charge approaches 3.6v. They all discharge fine.

Like nwillitts said, there are several threads on the BYDs you can peruse, and some Will Prowse videos.

Back