diy solar

diy solar

CALB 200ah genuine?

LeoLion

I found a private listing for what appear to be CALB 200ah cells, all new boxed and surplus from the sellers project.
I'm waiting on a reply from him for more details. Is there anything I should look out for, such as fake cells?
If they are not grade 'A' matched, does that really matter, would that affect life span, or just the discharge rates?

I am buying my first cells, and as the day after I purchased them from Ali, a listing popped up locally to me for the same. I did not purchase the local listing, but here is a battery report from China of my cells before they shipped which if the seller has, can ship to you:

1627228483059.png
Other than that, ask for the receipts, and perhaps the Ali Express messages.

As for Grade A, there's plenty of discussion of that, so once you find the vendor, a forum search may produce results of the particular vendor, and if Ali lets you post ratings, you can read those, and go to whatever social media you want.

You can inspect the cells for bulging, and put a multimeter to them.

I'm linking this as an example of a reputable seller that I purchased from, still awaiting delivery; and has a pretty good forum reputation.

At the bottom of the ad, you see the spec sheet. That can give you some good questions to ask. Look at the storage specs for long term and short term. The seller may not want to flex in price, but your confidence can go up or down based off things he tells you, like "Stored the cells inside my air conditioned house for the entire three weeks I purchased them and am offering them up for sale now," is better than, "I've left them out in my shed for 13 months," when he lives in a extremely hot muggy environment. The spec sheet helps you gauge answers like that.

As for pricing them, assume he received them for 20% more than an ali listing because of shipping. How much you need these things now is a big deal. Mine could take three months, which for me being my first pack is about what I need to put together everything I need for my project. If you're without power until you get a new pack, different story.

My guess is if he is asking any less, even $1 less, then the actual cost + shipping + Ali fee he got charged to his credit card, it is a good deal. I would not expect a huge discount. Those cells I mentioned that were posted on this forum for sale, within a couple hours, the seller had a few people asking him to check messages.

Back