diy solar

diy solar

CALB battery US serial numbers and shipping standards

CALB-USA

Recently it has come to our attention that a decent quantity of gray market CALB LFP cells have entered the US market through various E-commerce website. CALB USA think it is important to share product information with consumers to ensure US consumers can purchase CALB products with confidence and enjoy full product warranty and factory support. We will discuss our cell serial number system to help customer decipher the production date as well as intended market. We will also discuss the proper shipping of cell in the US and packaging standards in which all CALB products will adhere to (low quantity packaging). We have noticed several Chinese vendors shipping cells using improper labeling and packaging which could be a safety hazard not only for the end customer but also the shipping company and carrying vessel.

Serial number:

Each CALB LFP battery has a serial number label attached to the side of the casing.

Serial sticker color:

White: international market new cell

Yellow: domestic market new cell

Red: defective, substandard, or noncompliant cell

1593470253955.png
Example serial label (From a returned cell)

1593470304558.png
If you bought cells that do not correspond to your county or continent of usage, CALB is not responsible to provide factory support and honor product warranty. You may be able to receive support and warranty replacement from your distributor however it is not factory guaranteed.

Shipping:

One of the bigger issues with buying from China is packaging and shipping. The packaging used might not be DOT and UN compliant which is a safety hazard and illegal. For shipping of CALB cell the package will require UN3480 label and is fully regulated due to high energy the battery contains (>60Wh per cell).

• UN certified POP (Performance Oriented Packaging): Since all CALB prismatic LFP cells sold in America exceeds 60Wh per cell, it is required by 49CFR173.185 to use POP certified for PG II. The UN certification can be extinguished by proper un marking printed on the box.
  • Cargo Aircraft Only (CAO) label: for ground shipping of CALB cells in boxes it is required to have the CAO label including Fedex and UPS.
  • 1593470337493.png
  • UN3480 lithium Ion Battery handling mark: if you are receiving CALB LFP battery without the equipment the battery will power, the package should be labeled with UN3480 handling mark. If you are receiving the battery with UN3481 it is most likely mislabeled and misrepresented.
  • Class 9 Lithium Battery label: Since all CALB LFP cells are fully regulated, the Class 9 lithium battery hazard label are required on the side of the box.
  • 1593470380971.png
  • Hazardous material shipping paper: Fully regulated HAZMAT shipping requires the package to include multiple copies of Hazardous material shipping paper to be affixed by a packet to the top of the package and a single copy to be taped on top as well. The purpose of hazardous material shipping paper is to inform anyone who comes in contact with the shipment of the potential hazards associated with it. The paper also includes a 24 hour phone contact for hazardous materials and dangerous goods response service which the shipper must provide.
1593470412135.png

For more information regarding CALB product feel free to contact us through email:
info@calbusainc.com

Thanks,

Keegan Han

Well.....that was an exceptionally thorough explanation!
Awesome.

I think I will stick with the more established vendors. The money saved is not likely worth the surprises that I could get.

Reactions: Dzl
Thanks for sharing the information, CALB-USA, what can you tell me about these labels on this CA400 battery, is it also rejected? Bought in Europe from a seller, selling as a new battery.
View attachment 23276

Recently it has come to our attention that a decent quantity of gray market CALB LFP cells have entered the US market through various E-commerce website. CALB USA think it is important to share product information with consumers to ensure US consumers can purchase CALB products with confidence and enjoy full product warranty and factory support. We will discuss our cell serial number system to help customer decipher the production date as well as intended market. We will also discuss the proper shipping of cell in the US and packaging standards in which all CALB products will adhere to (low quantity packaging). We have noticed several Chinese vendors shipping cells using improper labeling and packaging which could be a safety hazard not only for the end customer but also the shipping company and carrying vessel.

Serial number:

Each CALB LFP battery has a serial number label attached to the side of the casing.

Serial sticker color:

White: international market new cell

Yellow: domestic market new cell

Red: defective, substandard, or noncompliant cell

View attachment 16517
Example serial label (From a returned cell)

View attachment 16518
If you bought cells that do not correspond to your county or continent of usage, CALB is not responsible to provide factory support and honor product warranty. You may be able to receive support and warranty replacement from your distributor however it is not factory guaranteed.

Shipping:

One of the bigger issues with buying from China is packaging and shipping. The packaging used might not be DOT and UN compliant which is a safety hazard and illegal. For shipping of CALB cell the package will require UN3480 label and is fully regulated due to high energy the battery contains (>60Wh per cell).

• UN certified POP (Performance Oriented Packaging): Since all CALB prismatic LFP cells sold in America exceeds 60Wh per cell, it is required by 49CFR173.185 to use POP certified for PG II. The UN certification can be extinguished by proper un marking printed on the box.
  • Cargo Aircraft Only (CAO) label: for ground shipping of CALB cells in boxes it is required to have the CAO label including Fedex and UPS.
  • View attachment 16519
  • UN3480 lithium Ion Battery handling mark: if you are receiving CALB LFP battery without the equipment the battery will power, the package should be labeled with UN3480 handling mark. If you are receiving the battery with UN3481 it is most likely mislabeled and misrepresented.
  • Class 9 Lithium Battery label: Since all CALB LFP cells are fully regulated, the Class 9 lithium battery hazard label are required on the side of the box.
  • View attachment 16520
  • Hazardous material shipping paper: Fully regulated HAZMAT shipping requires the package to include multiple copies of Hazardous material shipping paper to be affixed by a packet to the top of the package and a single copy to be taped on top as well. The purpose of hazardous material shipping paper is to inform anyone who comes in contact with the shipment of the potential hazards associated with it. The paper also includes a 24 hour phone contact for hazardous materials and dangerous goods response service which the shipper must provide.
View attachment 16521

For more information regarding CALB product feel free to contact us through email:
info@calbusainc.com

Thanks,

Keegan Han
I appreciate your posting this. I bought cells from Huanhuan Energy off Alibaba and this is a picture of the labels on them:

1607392205431.png

The cells were sold as new 200Ah but they are testing at about 165Ah. Is huanhuan energy a legitimate vendor of CALB batteries? Does this label appear legitimate to you? It does not seem to have the correct information.

Thanks for posting this info, looks like my new cells are 2015. Oh wells sh*t happens.
They're testing at 170-175AH.

se180.jpg

I was also a victim from Eamire CALB offer, they claim it new, but tested capacity is only 150AH :-(.
Escallated to ALibaba, lets see if they will react

I was also a victim from Eamire CALB offer, they claim it new, but tested capacity is only 150AH :-(.
Escallated to ALibaba, lets see if they will react
Did you get anywhere with your escalation?

They are still at it. I bought 16 x 200Ah and they are only 133!

Thanks

Did you get anywhere with your escalation?

They are still at it. I bought 16 x 200Ah and they are only 133!

Thanks
I saw this just in time… I was about to proceed with a purchase of Lishen 272 cells from Eamire Yidong, but after reading this thread i see they are not to be relied upon, which is a shame because a couple of years ago I got 4 good Lishen cells from them.

Back