CALB cells have arrived!

atatistcheff

Solar Enthusiast

Attachments

• 20200102_122903.jpg
    20200102_122903.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I think you posted a link to your order (restricted to you) rather than the link to the product offering.

Would you be willing to share what your total cost was for the batteries (taxes, shipping, etc)?

Looking good can i ask how long for delivery and what part of the world you in ?

Would you be willing to share what your total cost was for the batteries (taxes, shipping, etc)?
I ordered mine Dec 14 (before Will's video came out) from AliExpress. Cost was $391 for 100Ah cells plus bus bars with shipping included. Idaho sales tax added about $24 for a total of $414. Ordered on Dec 14, 2019 and arrived Jan 2, 2020. I live in Idaho, USA.

I ordered mine Dec 14 (before Will's video came out) from AliExpress. Cost was $391 for 100Ah cells plus bus bars with shipping included. Idaho sales tax added about $24 for a total of $414. Ordered on Dec 14, 2019 and arrived Jan 2, 2020. I live in Idaho, USA.
Can you update your test report here? Thank you for your continuous attention to CALB 100Ah cells:love:

I've assembled them into a battery with the Batteryhookup.com BMS (see https://diysolarforum.com/threads/calb-100ah-assembly.3269/#post-30269). After that I just did some limited testing with the BMS to ensure it cuts off and is controllable via Bluetooth. I think I've cycled them all of one time. They are now waiting to go into my RV when the weather warms up - probably in March/April. Will did a capacity test on these and his set had a capacity of 105Ah. I don't plan to do any kind of capacity test myself, just can't wait for Spring to get it installed!

Hej,
I'll do the same battery set up with the smart bluetooth BMS for my RV, however, I ordered 200AH CALB cells from shop BLS Alibaba. Not arrived, yet.
Have you bottom balanced the cells before assembly or did you do without it due a good balance voltage records?
Further information on your project would be great.

Waldemar

With a top balancing BMS, you should not be doing a bottom balance of the cells before building the pack. It would just create more work for the BMS, taking longer before the pack is in balance and able to give full capacity. If you want to do balancing before building the pack, do a top balance.

I've assembled them into a battery with the Batteryhookup.com BMS (see https://diysolarforum.com/threads/calb-100ah-assembly.3269/#post-30269). After that I just did some limited testing with the BMS to ensure it cuts off and is controllable via Bluetooth. I think I've cycled them all of one time. They are now waiting to go into my RV when the weather warms up - probably in March/April. Will did a capacity test on these and his set had a capacity of 105Ah. I don't plan to do any kind of capacity test myself, just can't wait for Spring to get it installed!

Are they grade A cells with pristine terminals and QR codes intact?

Hej,
I'll do the same battery set up with the smart bluetooth BMS for my RV, however, I ordered 200AH CALB cells from shop BLS Alibaba. Not arrived, yet.
Have you bottom balanced the cells before assembly or did you do without it due a good balance voltage records?
Further information on your project would be great.
I connected them in parallel for a while to make sure they were all equal. Probably not necessary since they were all within less than .01V of each other.

They have been sitting now for a couple of weeks at about 72% SOC. The cell values are 3.333, 3.333, 3.332, 3.333. So I'd say pretty well balanced at this voltage.

Did they get shipped from Hawthorne, California (Sino-Usa)? I ordered on 12/26/19 sent me a Fed-x tracking number and its 1/23/20 and still no batteries.

Did they get shipped from Hawthorne, California (Sino-Usa)? I ordered on 12/26/19 sent me a Fed-x tracking number and its 1/23/20 and still no batteries.

Looking at the mailing labels, the final leg of the journey was UPS Ground from Santa Fe Springs, CA. However, with other items from China I've noticed they get to CA via China Post or whatever and then are relabeled for the domestic mail. Not sure exactly what route it took in this case.

Based on the current information, I think BLS is still one of the most reliable and trustworthy Chinese suppliers.

Back