diy solar

diy solar

Calculating AIC for fuse selection.

So do I need a class T fuse close to each battery? or just before the shunt? I will be putting together 4 12v 272AH batteries in parallel in my RV.

The general recommendation is a Class T for each battery. However, it is placed on the positive side, not the negative side. The shunt is on the negative side, unless you have a shunt that is out of the ordinary.

The general recommendation is a Class T for each battery. However, it is placed on the positive side, not the negative side. The shunt is on the negative side, unless you have a shunt that is out of the ordinary.
Thank You

So since midi has 5000a AIC and Amg has 2000a AIC then after your main class t fuse on the battery which fuse would you use as a main on each fuse bank. For example 150a fuse? Since both midi and amg have a 150a option. I was going to use a AMG as the main fuse on a bank of midi fuses but it seems using a bigger amp midi fuse also as the main for the bank may be better than the amg?

In AC circuits AIC is determined by impedance of the transformer, length of each individual wire, cross sectional area of wire, type of wire AL or CU(K factor of around 12 for CU and 17 for AL), and whether wires are inside a magnetic conduit or not. Each wire has to be calculated separately. A search for 'K' factor might turn up info.

Back