diy solar

diy solar

Calibrate a Chargery BMS16T

justinjja

Not sure if my expectations were too high, but every cell is 3.345 to 3.350 (yes my meter is calibrated)
And yes I have double checked the crimps on the balance wires, they are solid. (even though in my head this shouldn't matter w/ balancing turned off?)

Concerned about the 58mv difference between cell 7 and 12.
Has anyone figured out how to calibrate these?

I haven't seen anyone else complaining about cell 7 and 12 specifically, so I'm assuming the device isn't powered from those lines?
I am powering the BMS from the battery, so I think that explains the BMS reading a little low on cell 16?
Balancing is currently disabled.

IMG-7047.jpg

IMG-7050.jpg

Side question, the external power input doesn't need to be isolated does it?
Like I can just wire a 5.5*2.1 barrel jack to my battery + and battery - ? (battery max voltage is under 58.4v)

The 16T has issues if powered from the harness but settles down somewhat with the external power being used. Common fix applied is to use the external power module and power the BMS from the battery pack terminals themselves.

The "Calibration" function is for calibrating a Shunt if a 2nd party one is used. The shunts provided by chargery are calibrated for these BMS. NOTE that they are 75mv Shunts while others may be using 50mv Shunts which would have to be calibrated. Shunt Calibration CAN be tricky and has to be done correctly or "thing get weird" AND RTFM (Read the Fricken Manual) and do not Assume and pull a Will and get all hyper when it fails due to NOT RTFMing.

Powerboard pictured below, link to: https://www.chargerystore.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=94
1639237415293.png

Right I'm aware of the current calibration, I'm asking if anyone has figured out how to calibrate the voltage, (which isn't in the manual)

There is no facility to calibrate to the cells level on the leads. That is not a feature in the T Series. I do not believe it was added to the P series (latest) but I believe Jason was going to add that to the A Series which has Active Balancing and a lot more but is held up due to chip supply issues.

Switched to external power, cell 16 is now showing the correct voltage,
but Cell 7 and 12 are still wrong.

Back