diy solar

diy solar

Calibrating Voltage of your system to ensure Optimal Operations. SCC, Inverter/Charger, voltage matching.

Thank you. That was my thought as well. To charge to 90% and to not let it go below 10% of charge. That 80% in the middle is more than I will probably ever need.
Ohh my. Are you aware of the new DCC Relay that is just being released ? This replaces the two relays with the one Solid State smarty. I believe the 300A model will be somewhere around 90 USD, also uses way less energy. Chargery has also released their 60A Smart Charger which can connect directly to the BMS. For a Scooter system, this may be a more effective solution.

The info on the DCC's is not posted up on the Chargery site yet but the info is in the new Chargery Manuals. These are supposed to be available by next weekend.

The Charger in question: https://chargery.com/C3060.asp
NOTE Just saw your latest post, Good you are already there. This is the better solution for charging & BMS interactivity in your type of build..

Ohh my. Are you aware of the new DCC Relay that is just being released ? This replaces the two relays with the one Solid State smarty. I believe the 300A model will be somewhere around 90 USD, also uses way less energy. Chargery has also released their 60A Smart Charger which can connect directly to the BMS. For a Scooter system, this may be a more effective solution.

The info on the DCC's is not posted up on the Chargery site yet but the info is in the new Chargery Manuals. These are supposed to be available by next weekend.

The Charger in question: https://chargery.com/C3060.asp
NOTE Just saw your latest post, Good you are already there. This is the better solution for charging & BMS interactivity in your type of build..
Thanks Steve
Jason recommended the two relays for me when I told him of the use I wanted the BMS and charger for.
Ok so to answer my own question on what you postulated earlier then is to use the relays to back up the BMS for safety etc.
And that should save the BMS from over use and dying quicker.Does that sound about right?
Thanks guys :)

The DCC is NEW, just coming out, so he likely recommended what was at the time you communicated with him.
I just glanced through the 3060 Charger Manual and this can be set to connect / disconnect at YOUR settings and it connects to the Chargery via one of the ports. The BMS doesn't get 'overused' nor does it die quicker if used. As long as it is NOT Abused and pushed outside of spec, all should be well.

Reactions: Dzl
The DCC is NEW, just coming out, so he likely recommended what was at the time you communicated with him.
I just glanced through the 3060 Charger Manual and this can be set to connect / disconnect at YOUR settings and it connects to the Chargery via one of the ports. The BMS doesn't get 'overused' nor does it die quicker if used. As long as it is NOT Abused and pushed outside of spec, all should be well.
Woohoo, yipeeee [does the happy dance].
Thanks Steve :)(y)
This makes me happy because I chose the right company and person and etc etc.
Thanks again Steve for your time and knowledge. :)
EDIT: And yes I am almost 60 LOL.

My age-ometer is defective, it failed at 55 and I just decided to ignore it after that and to heck with fixin it. Don't think it's foolin Mother Nature any though... Hmmm I never mentioned anything about age, certainly never asked a lady (as a geezer, I know better) than to do such a thing.

As for the Great Gazoo, Fred really needed the uplift from him... hehehe...
Ruckus, Stuckus, Frickus, Fruckus hehehe

Well in the past when I did the woohoo yipee happy dance thing I have gotten in heck for being a kid on an adult forum is all LOL.
Age is how you feel. And I feel like a coffee right now LOL. :)
Thanks again Steve. :)

If your charger can be programmed you could try a Constant Voltage (Absorb) voltage of 3.4 which is close to 90 to 95%.

On the discharge end of things you purchased a BMS that gave you SOC. Ideally it can give you some visual warning or trigger a buzzer when the SOC gets to a programmed level. Some motor controllers can also be configured to go into limp mode to give you limited power to continue your journey to home or a charging source.

My age-ometer is defective, it failed at 55 and I just decided to ignore it after that and to heck with fixin it. Don't think it's foolin Mother Nature any though... Hmmm I never mentioned anything about age, certainly never asked a lady (as a geezer, I know better) than to do such a thing.

As for the Great Gazoo, Fred really needed the uplift from him... hehehe...
Ruckus, Stuckus, Frickus, Fruckus hehehe

Hey Steve ..Been a while since i shouted at you .... I haven't revisited the CHARGERY @Chargery site for a while ... anything new and exciting that they are doing I should know about ??? .... this damn weather has been over 100+ everyday and the humidity is 80% and mixed with the blowing dirt -- dirt + sweat = mud ... Can't wait to winter where it drops down to 75 out here ... BUT from a solar perspective - man from 0630 to about 2000 we are sucking it in ... Boss wants us to try to hook up some wind turbines to see how they will do at night - of course since I said I was against that idea they told me that I would be the one testing some of these 700W systems in a few weeks and coupling them with solar ... sooo now I barely got solar figured out and now will have to mess with wind which I know zero about except it messes up my hair all day ...

Boss wants us to try to hook up some wind turbines to see how they will do at night - of course since I said I was against that idea they told me that I would be the one testing some of these 700W systems in a few weeks and coupling them with solar ... sooo now I barely got solar figured out and now will have to mess with wind which I know zero about except it messes up my hair all day ...
Often wind works when solar does not. Like cloudy days. :) So it is pretty easy actually. :) And of course when that is done you have hydro to work on LOLOL. :p;)

Not many hills in that part of Texas if I remember correctly. Although the advantage of hydro is that it would be a good source of water to wash her wind blown hair. :ROFLMAO:
Rain from the roof and down the drain like they use to do in California until they outlawed it and then went "green" LOLOL. o_O:eek:
Kind of like BC Canada, they want everyone to save energy etc but if you tried to ride an electric vehicle years ago it was outlawed. And recently they changed the laws for electric bikes so that now most of them are illegal to use. Nice eh?
Anyhow, I digress LOL. :)

LMAO, yeah BC is a tad hypocritical isn't it... But then again, Stephen Harper once called Christy Clark (Lib) one of the best conservatives in Canada. Pipeplines forward !!! Maybe it isn't hypocrisy as such but more than likely Toxic Contamination with Lead and worse that is causing mental deficiencies and a disconnect from common sense & reality.

SIDE NOTE: Once you've looked at the list below, consider the conditions that result from Lead Exposure (IQ, Behaviour problems, Learning Difficulties etc) and consider all the Large Urban Centres (cities) where Lead Contamination in the Public Water has been raised repeatedly and remain unaddressed with the exception of some token pacification measures to appease the public in "some" contaminated regions. Now can anyone connect the dots and make the association of toxic exposure affecting humans on scale over decades of exposure from pre-birth ? Ohhh Noooo.... Let us verify where the rocks came from on StoneHenge, is much more important as a distraction from realities.

What are the symptoms of lead poisoning?

Symptoms of lead poisoning are varied. They may affect many parts of the body. Most of the time, lead poisoning builds up slowly. It follows repeated exposures to small quantities of lead.

Lead toxicity is rare after a single exposure or ingestion of lead.

Signs of repeated lead exposure include:
Since a child’s brain is still developing, lead can lead to intellectual disability. Symptoms may include:
  • behavior problems
  • low IQ
  • poor grades at school
  • problems with hearing
  • short- and long-term learning difficulties
  • growth delays
A high, toxic dose of lead poisoning may result in emergency symptoms. These include:
If someone has symptoms of severe lead exposure, call 911 or local emergency medical services. Be sure to have the following information ready to tell the emergency operator:
  • the person’s age
  • their weight
  • the source of the poisoning
  • the amount swallowed
  • the time the poisoning occurred
In non-emergency situations, call your local poison control to discuss lead poisoning symptoms. They will let you speak with an expert.
SOURCE: https://www.healthline.com/health/lead-poisoning#causes

LMAO, yeah BC is a tad hypocritical isn't it... But then again, Stephen Harper once called Christy Clark (Lib) one of the best conservatives in Canada. Pipeplines forward !!! Maybe it isn't hypocrisy as such but more than likely Toxic Contamination with Lead and worse that is causing mental deficiencies and a disconnect from common sense & reality.
The lead is a problem for sure. It is in the public school water. And also in the older city housing places [paint on the walls and also in the water here]. But because it is not those in North Van it is not a priority.
I have noticed a decline in all of my friends where I live over the last few years. And it is not just old age either. Some brilliant people are becoming dead sticks mentally.
I try to filter my water but most of the time I can not afford it.
So yes, you are pretty much right on about the lead here being a problem.

SIDE NOTE: Once you've looked at the list below, consider the conditions that result from Lead Exposure (IQ, Behaviour problems, Learning Difficulties etc) and consider all the Large Urban Centres (cities) where Lead Contamination in the Public Water has been raised repeatedly and remain unaddressed with the exception of some token pacification measures to appease the public in "some" contaminated regions. Now can anyone connect the dots and make the association of toxic exposure affecting humans on scale over decades of exposure from pre-birth ? Ohhh Noooo.... Let us verify where the rocks came from on StoneHenge, is much more important as a distraction from realities.

SOURCE: https://www.healthline.com/health/lead-poisoning#causes

Many times the oil guys will drill the water well first and then move on out for the oil (still confuses me how they can do that - but i digress) ... BUT the water people come out here and test the water every few months ... each time they are amazed how it is soooo damn pure being 50 miles from the nearest "anything" and untapped for millions of years i guess .. i mean it actually taste different ... the water guys call it iceberg water because its literally that pure ... I keep thinking we should bottle it -- would make allot more money per gallon then this oil; stuff ...

Many times the oil guys will drill the water well first and then move on out for the oil (still confuses me how they can do that - but i digress) ... BUT the water people come out here and test the water every few months ... each time they are amazed how it is soooo damn pure being 50 miles from the nearest "anything" and untapped for millions of years i guess .. i mean it actually taste different ... the water guys call it iceberg water because its literally that pure ... I keep thinking we should bottle it -- would make allot more money per gallon then this oil; stuff ...
In BC here Nestle takes our tap water and bottles it and sells it back to us LOLOL.

Back