diy solar

diy solar

California GO database

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else
I was looking at the California GO database this morning (the best listing of consistent and complete information I've come across for PV modules), and was pleasantly surprised to see they'd expanded a lot. Use the link above to see everything, the links below to jump directly to specific spreadsheets.

They're now reporting on several things including:
While I thought the PV Module reporting was an excellent compilation of data, I'd be interested to see what experts in those areas (e.g., @ghostwriter66 on batteries) think of the various sections.

I found my panels that I bought last summer in that database. So it seems to be fairly up to date. Great resource for those that are shopping for panels based on size.

The inverter and storage system list was shorter than thought it would be.
The database has been reporting on PV modules for years, everything else is pretty recent (less than a year I believe)

I did notice the new category of Energy Storage Systems. Presumably that is in anticipation of the new NEC 2020 requirement for UL approved systems.

The battery list doesn't have my batteries, but it has grown to 56 entries.
Ah there I am, in the Energy Storage Systems.

266 Systems listed now.

SolarJuice American? Never heard of these guys... but their inverter looks familiar and they show compatibility with both Enphase and tesla (https://www.solar4america.com/energy-storage-101/) on a string inverter so that's kind of interesting. Parent is SPI Energy Co Ltd (HQ in Shanghai), and solar4america is the website??? Looks like they've setup branches in Florida, Colorado, Texas, Nevada, and CA.

A1-Fit.jpg

Looks like they just formed in January [ref]:
...provider of solar storage and electric vehicle (EV) solutions for business, residential, government, logistics and utility customers and investors, today announced Solarjuice American, Inc. ("Solarjuice America"), a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company, and Petersen-Dean, Inc. ("Petersen-Dean"), one of the largest full-service, privately-held roofing and solar companies in the US, have entered into a court-approved comprehensive Interim Management Agreement which allows the parties to prepare for the sale of Petersen-Dean's assets to Solarjuice America.

Last edited:
Back