diy solar

diy solar

Camouflaging Eyesores

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else
From another thread:
...My system has to look neat and clean...

That wasn't the main gist of the thread but the statement got me wondering.... I know eye-sores can be turned into attractive features with a bit of ingenuity.

I just don't have much ingenuity. Can members post some pictures of what they've done?

If your eye goes the other way... you might be interested in BigIslandRyan's thread https://diysolarforum.com/threads/s...-in-acrylic-boxes-like-a-giant-gaming-pc.7570
05-outdoor-eyesore-hiding-ideas-homebnc.jpg

Last edited:
CosPlay costume makers seem to be masters at this concept...
1594222466403.png

it's not just camouflage to them though...it's turning a hunk of styrofoam into something that looks real. Non-Cosplay too... for example this riskshaw...

My neighborhood has underground wiring. But there are giant electrical boxes in peoples front yard that are ugly as hell. The ugly thing in the lower right is for cable. :poop:
The flags are from when I had the utilities marked before I drove in a ground rod.

1622982092260.png

I wasn't crazy about the electrical-gray conduit running down the side of my house so painted the
conduit the same color as the house. The East/West boxes and service drop running between them
were already the same color.

This photo is just after the batteries were added, so a mix of painted and unpainted. You can see
how much the gray stands out compared to the others. All the gray conduit is painted now.

Still not crazy about it, but at least the eye isn't pulled towards them anymore like it is in the photo
below. Didn't paint the boxes, just the conduits.
1598017157586-png.20502

Back