diy solar

diy solar

Can a Victron network 'see' a JBD BMS bluetooth signal?

PaintBrush

How does one integrate a non-Victron battery that has a JBD BMS into the Victron network? or is there a way for the Victron network to read the cell data from the bluetooth signal coming from the JBD BMS?

I have a Victron battery monitor and SCCs that network together, and I have no way of pulling a non Victron piece into the network.

My guess is that lies in a Rasberry pi and programming. Victron is open about their code. I don’t know if JDB is. Does JDB use the XiaXaong (spelling) appp?

Can a Victron network 'see' a JBD BMS bluetooth signal?​

no

to the best of my knowledge, this feature does not exist.

sorry. i would like this feature. but since JBD is a different company than Victron, i’m not sure how to motivate them to add support, even though it’s very simple in theory.

cheers

My guess is that lies in a Rasberry pi and programming. Victron is open about their code. I don’t know if JDB is. Does JDB use the XiaXaong (spelling) appp?
The JBD BMS has a serial “UART” connector that is what the bluetooth adapter connects with. It has four wires, 1) ground 2) volt power supply 3) receive 4) transmit. Indeed it uses the XiaoxiangBMS App. The app communicates over bluetooth to request JBD BMS data.

I’ve successfully programmed an arduino to communicate over this UART port in stead of the bluetooth adapter, to receive data. @jbatx made a thread recently about it and some others have had success too.

But even with this arduino link, there’s no clear way to get it to talk and work with Victron Network stuff.

They would need to add a custom device thing.

However, Victron Also has UART serial on some of their devices. So I’m trying to use that too to communicate with my victron MPPT solar charge controller with arduino.

That way I’ll just have my own wired network of UART from BMS to MPPT

I’d like to try to first network my Victron stuff on a common display panel, and if that works, try to bring in the overkill BMS, which I think is the same as JDB. This will be a months long project that at two months behind from even starting.

Last edited:
These may be helpful:

confim, overkillsolar sells JBD BMS, that is, JiaBaiDa Battery Management System
I think overkill does rebrand 3 of the several JBD BMSs that are out there. There’s a threads that say this, including some users getting it for a lower cost.

My point, which I should have mentioned, is perhaps the JBD a USB Accessory option like overkill does so it could be hooked directly to a computer Or Rasberry pi, and this would allow programming.

Back