diy solar

diy solar

Can anyone recommend a descent benchtop PSU?

NorthTown2022

I purchase a 10A Longwei benchtop PSU from Amazon. Not only does it read a little high it is so touchy it drives me insane. I find it nearly impossible to adjust properly. Also I found the voltage seems to drift down a little over time and need to check it with a DVOM every time I switch cells.

So if you found a descent unit for a reasonable price please share!

Look on Ebay for a used HP power supply. Much better than what you can get off Amazon, even used. If you want newer look for a Agilent unit, same quality just HP's new name.

Do you have a price range you're looking for? I love my RD6024, but it's a little pricy compared to those little units.
How did you replace lead wires for that? The knobs on the RD6024 don't unscrew all the way so you can't use a ring terminal which I would have felt safer with than a fork terminal.

Look on Ebay for a used HP power supply. Much better than what you can get off Amazon, even used. If you want newer look for a Agilent unit, same quality just HP's new name.
Great info, I had looked around ebay a bit but really was not sure some are linear some switching some have a lot of safety features, not sure much of that matters for what we are doing though. I am a fan of quality and something that will provide consistent output voltages.

I have two of these. Very accurate for the price.

Adjustable DC Power Supply (0-30 V 0-10 A) with Output Enable/Disable Button HANMATEK HM310 Mini Variable Switching Digital Bench Power Supply with USB Charging https://a.co/d/1aYFDIk

I am a newbie to this and am looking for a bench top power supply (in the UK) to top balance the 280ah eve lifepo cells I am considering buying to build a home storage battery.
Will Prowse suggests a simple (cheap one) one from Amazon but I am happy to invest a bit more if it means adding quality and accuracy.
I have seen some with double outlets, I assume I could do two sets of cells at the same time, thus cutting the time down by 50%??

Thanks

Back