diy solar

diy solar

Can Ecoflow products power loads from solar when battery is at 100% SOC?

stumped

New member here, first post!

Can Ecoflow products power loads directly via solar when the battery is at 100% SOC?

I can say from experience the Bluetti AC300 does not which is disappointing in that they do not document this anywhere. If you have 4 of the Bluetti B300 batteries and small loads you might need to wait up to 30 minutes with loads connected for the batteries to discharge to 99% before the system accepts power from solar panels again.

giphy.gif

I believe so, it's difficult to find official documentation.

Another one of the unique and useful features the Delta PRO offers is pass-through charging, which means you can pull power from the Delta PRO at the same time that it is being charged. This is really helpful if you plan on using your Delta PRO as a true solar generator by connecting it to one or more solar panels. You could be using your Delta PRO indoors to charge your electronics while charging its battery at the same time with solar panels that are located outdoors. To do so, all you would need is a solar cable that was long enough for your Delta PRO to reach the solar panels!

Thanks. Similar products use the same wording which might lead one to think it will pass thru, but the keyword is "charging". Once the batteries are at 100% and no longer charging the PV input gets shut down even when loads are attached. The PV input will stay shut down until the battery drops down to 99% and/or below float voltage and starts charging again. This puts unessary use cycles on the batteries when loads should be able to power directly from PV in so long as there is enough power to supply the loads.

So I am wondering if this behavior is consistent across solar generator vendors.

Hello stumped,
I think I can answer your question as I have a Delta Pro with 1000 watts of solar that constantly runs a few circuits in my house. When the delta pro is at 100 percent charge it takes about 40 watts from my panels when powering no loads. I believe this is to cover the wattage used by the Delta Pro itself just by being on and creating 120v power. If my 160 watt refrigerator kicks on, then it will pull 200 watts from the panels and the batteries stay at 100%.

Also I think I would worry less about the cycles on the batteries as topping your battery off from 99% does not count as one cycle, but 1/100. So in other words you would have to go from 99 to 100% 100 times to count as 1 cycle. And Lifepo4 batteries usually are rated for 3500 cycle.

Back